Installing Spark on i386 architecture

Hello all,

I’ve done my due diligence searching, and can’t seem to find a solution:

I’m running CentOS 6.5 on i386 architecture (because it’s on an antique Lenovo T60 laptop, which btw it runs great on - can’t say the same for any recent Windows OS’s, big surprise…). Unfortunately, the most recent version of Spark seems to only run on x86_64 architecture. Is there an alternative or older version that I can install instead?

Thanks so much,

Lyxix

i would not try the RPM, it’s broken and requires some very old obsolete libraries to be present on your system in order for it to work. fixing this is on the to-do list.

i would use the tar.gz available on the downloads page, or, if you are adventerous, you can try the latest nightly beta build available at: http://bamboo.igniterealtime.org/artifact/SPARK-INSTALL4J/shared/build-659/Insta ll4j/spark_2_7_0_659.tar.gz

untar it… then just run the Spark executable inside. no need to run under sudo or as root, your normal user should be fine. on first run, it will create a ~/.Spark directory and setup some stuff in there like your user account settings, chat transcripts, etc.

Thanks, Jason! Works great now. Much obliged!