Integrating messaging and notifications with an existing app

Hello there,

I’‘m toying with the idea of using openfire’'s real time notification capabilities to provide notifications to end users of a vertical line of business application.

How hard is it to do this? the application is coded in VB on the client and MS-SQL server on the server.

The idea would be to integrate a spark web or client-based application with the existing application or simply provide notifications within the existing client interface or via email if the client is offline.

thank you,

Kurt

Kurt,

If you need to integrate a spark web client into the application, I would recommend looking at sparkweb, which is in beta. It’'s a javascript/html based spark client (http://www.igniterealtime.org/projects/openfire/plugins-beta.jsp)

You can try to “share” your DB with Open Fire, its what I am trying to do (I got already a Social web site and I have no other idea to how to synchronise my Social data with Open Fire …)

Also, you can try the User Service plugin which allows to manage (add/edit/delete) users throught HTTP services …