Integration of jwchat with wildfire

Evidently the voice chat features of Red5 (Asterisk gateway) require Openfire on Windows

That is not entirely correct. You can do audio and video chat with any user who has a red5 enabled client (pandion, spark and jwchat5). You do need the gateway if you want to make phone calls to telephone users.

-dele

I am also trying to get JWChat to work with Openfire. After reading the posts in this thread, I decided to install red5 (after unsuccessful attempts to use JWChat standalone) and was hoping that the JWChat client included was going to work out of the box. However, when I try it I get ‘‘SERVICE_UNAVAILABLE’’ ( error 503). I am running Openfire 3.3.2 and just downloaded the beta version of the red5 plugin.

My Openfire warn.log file reads (repeatedly):

java.lang.IllegalStateException: Committed

at org.mortbay.jetty.Response.resetBuffer(Response.java:908)

at org.mortbay.jetty.Response.reset(Response.java:887)

at org.mortbay.jetty.Response.sendError(Response.java:221)

at org.mortbay.jetty.Response.sendError(Response.java:313)

at javax.servlet.http.HttpServletResponseWrapper.sendError(HttpServletResponseWrap per.java:117)

at com.opensymphony.module.sitemesh.filter.PageResponseWrapper.sendError(PageRespo nseWrapper.java:175)

at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.DefaultServlet.doGet(DefaultServlet.java:355)

at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:689)

at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:802)

at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.handle(ServletHolder.java:491)

at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.ja va:1074)

at com.opensymphony.module.sitemesh.filter.PageFilter.parsePage(PageFilter.java:11 8)

at com.opensymphony.module.sitemesh.filter.PageFilter.doFilter(PageFilter.java:52)

at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.ja va:1065)

at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.handle(ServletHandler.java:365)

at org.mortbay.jetty.security.SecurityHandler.handle(SecurityHandler.java:185)

at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.SessionHandler.handle(SessionHandler.java:181)

at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandler.handle(ContextHandler.java:689)

at org.mortbay.jetty.webapp.WebAppContext.handle(WebAppContext.java:391)

at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandlerCollection.handle(ContextHandlerCollect ion.java:146)

at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerCollection.handle(HandlerCollection.java:114)

at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(HandlerWrapper.java:139)

at org.mortbay.jetty.Server.handle(Server.java:285)

at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handleRequest(HttpConnection.java:457)

at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection$RequestHandler.headerComplete(HttpConnection.j ava:751)

at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseNext(HttpParser.java:500)

at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseAvailable(HttpParser.java:209)

at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handle(HttpConnection.java:357)

at org.mortbay.io.nio.SelectChannelEndPoint.run(SelectChannelEndPoint.java:329)

at org.mortbay.thread.BoundedThreadPool$PoolThread.run(BoundedThreadPool.java:475)

Does anybody have any suggestions as to what could be going wrong?

-Patricia

Just to clarify my earlier post: I should have said that I was trying to get this to run on Mac OSX. When I install the red5 plugin on Linux, I don’'t seem to have these problems.

-Patricia

Hi Patricia,

I don’'t have access to a Mac, but your web page error and the Java exception look like you have exactly the same problem I had with Openfire 3.3.1 on Linux. The Linux RPM package was missing some files, so perhaps the Mac 3.3.2 package has the same problem.

My solution was to manually copy these files from a working Windows Openfire server to my Linux box. So your working Linux Openfire server could be your source to copy files over to your Mac.

Of course, you should check to see if any of these are missing on your Mac Openfire server in the first place, (and back them up before copying over them), and this assumes that your Linux and Mac installs of Openfire are exactly the same version.

Here’'s a listing from my Linux Openfire server of just the files (under /spank) to move:

linuxpc:/opt/openfire/resources/spank # ls -laR

.:

total 32

drwxr-xr-x 4 daemon daemon 4096 Jun 15 23:11 .

drwxr-xr-x 7 daemon daemon 4096 Jun 15 23:11 …

drwxr-xr-x 2 daemon daemon 4096 Jun 15 23:11 WEB-INF

-rwxr-xr-x 1 daemon daemon 1827 Jun 15 23:11 crossdomain_version6.swf

-rwxr-xr-x 1 daemon daemon 2452 Jun 15 23:11 crossdomain_version8.swf

-rwxr-xr-x 1 daemon daemon 1170 Jun 15 23:11 flash6_gateway.swf

-rwxr-xr-x 1 daemon daemon 222 Jun 15 23:11 index.html

drwxr-xr-x 2 daemon daemon 4096 Jun 15 23:11 scripts

./WEB-INF:

total 12

drwxr-xr-x 2 daemon daemon 4096 Jun 15 23:11 .

drwxr-xr-x 4 daemon daemon 4096 Jun 15 23:11 …

-rwxr-xr-x 1 daemon daemon 1388 Jun 15 23:11 web.xml

./scripts:

total 60

drwxr-xr-x 2 daemon daemon 4096 Jun 15 23:11 .

drwxr-xr-x 4 daemon daemon 4096 Jun 15 23:11 …

-rwxr-xr-x 1 daemon daemon 2460 Jun 15 23:11 flash.js

-rwxr-xr-x 1 daemon daemon 47445 Jun 15 23:11 prototype.js

linuxpc:/opt/openfire/resources/spank #

After copying, be sure to change the file ownership to be whatever the Mac server expects them to be, (daemon?), then completely restart the Openfire server. Again, I don’‘t have a Mac, so I can’‘s say for sure if any of this will work, but it’'s something to try.

• Brett