Internal server error when a user is added

Hello everyone

I am kinda new to XMPP world. What I am trying to do is simple (at least it sounds simple). I have an open fire server running on a centos box. I am trying to send a simple “add roster request” to the server using:

I followed the instructions given in “Professional XMPP Programming with JavaScript and jQuery” and created a console like web page to send and recieve stanzas to and from server. After sending the above stanza this is what I get:

<iq type=‘error’

id='add1'

to='bf5dcf05@my-server/bf5dcf05'>

<item jid=‘another-user’

name='another-user-name'/>

<error code=‘500’

type='wait'>

I checked the server error log and this is what I got:

2011.03.05 00:41:46 [org.jivesoftware.openfire.handler.IQRosterHandler.handleIQ(IQRosterHandler.jav a:128)] Internal server error
org.jivesoftware.openfire.auth.UnauthorizedException: org.jivesoftware.openfire.user.UserNotFoundException
at org.jivesoftware.openfire.handler.IQRosterHandler.manageRoster(IQRosterHandler. java:234)
at org.jivesoftware.openfire.handler.IQRosterHandler.handleIQ(IQRosterHandler.java :105)
at org.jivesoftware.openfire.handler.IQHandler.process(IQHandler.java:49)
at org.jivesoftware.openfire.IQRouter.handle(IQRouter.java:351)
at org.jivesoftware.openfire.IQRouter.route(IQRouter.java:101)
at org.jivesoftware.openfire.spi.PacketRouterImpl.route(PacketRouterImpl.java:68)
at org.jivesoftware.openfire.SessionPacketRouter.route(SessionPacketRouter.java:10 0)
at org.jivesoftware.openfire.SessionPacketRouter.route(SessionPacketRouter.java:61 )
at org.jivesoftware.openfire.http.HttpSession.sendPendingPackets(HttpSession.java: 611)
at org.jivesoftware.openfire.http.HttpSessionManager$HttpPacketSender.run(HttpSess ionManager.java:373)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Caused by: org.jivesoftware.openfire.user.UserNotFoundException
at org.jivesoftware.openfire.user.DefaultUserProvider.loadUser(DefaultUserProvider .java:91)
at org.jivesoftware.openfire.user.UserManager.getUser(UserManager.java:213)
at org.jivesoftware.openfire.handler.IQRosterHandler.manageRoster(IQRosterHandler. java:200)
… 12 more

I believe the problem is the user is left anonymous. In response to my presence I get no reply from the server.

I am seriously lost. It would be a great help if you guys could guide me to the right path.

Bumping this problem because I’m seeing identical behavior; I have two users on my test server but no matter what I type I cannot get one to add the other to their roster.