The Ignite Realtime Community is pleased to announce the 1.0.0 release of the REST API plugin for Openfire. This plugin is being developed by community member @Redeyes. This plugin merges and replaces the functionality found in the “MUC Service Plugin” and the REST functionality found in the “User Service Plugin”. This new plugin allows for REST style administration of Openfire.
The current feature list, taken from the README file includes:
- Get overview over all or specific user and to create, update or delete a user
- Get overview over all user roster entries and to add, update or delete a roster entry
- Add user to a group and remove a user from a group
- Lockout or unlock the user (enable / disable)
- Get overview over all or specific system properties and to create, update or delete system property
- Get overview over all or specific chat room and to create, update or delete a chat room
Please report any issues or feature ideas for this plugin in the Community Forums.