Introducing restAPI plugin for Openfire

If you don’t provide the domain “@lchi093136-7”, the plugin interpreting that as a local roster entry “1fauserb@xmppdomain”

(Probably is your xmppdomain “localhost”) You can not remove roster entries, if entry reference to another server.

If you update the openfire version you can use the @

the domain is @lchi093136-7 which i use for creating the users and the domain will change based on the env we run the scripts in. Any other way to resolve it besides upgrading openfire?

Don’t specify the domain if you add the roster entry. Just use “username” without @xmmdomain. And also delete just by username. (If all of yours roster entries are on same server)

That’s creating the roster entries without a domain. Wont that cause a problem when we get the roster on login? The rest of our chat application uses username@domain to fetch roster…

Shouldn’t be a problem

This was actually happening because your restapi plugin wasn’t loaded into the memory properly at the time of application startup.

This could be found in the logs.

I also faced the same problem and got the solution by re building openfire.jar…
I restarted the application and it is working fine since then.

We have been able to get this problem on few servers and Everytime have the same solution.

But, still curious to know the RCA of it.