Invalid Username or Server Not Available

We are having trouble with one user. She is unable to login from her home PC. It doesn’t matter if she uses her login credentials or another users, she still receives the same error message. I am able to login as her from my PC.

Any ideas?

Thank you!

I also forgot to mention that this happens once in a while to users who have never had trouble logging in. After a few minutes or so, they are then able to get back in. This isn’t the case with the original user I posted about.

Hi,

it may help to rename the %userprofile%\Spark folder to %userprofile%\Spark.org and try to login, maybe it’s a problem with the settings. In %userprofile%\Spark are the initial settings also the chat logs, so one may want to keep the logs.

If she’s using compression one could try it without compression.

Do you see errors in the Openfire log file when a user complains about failed logins?

LG

I think you may need to clarify, for me.

1. Is the PC she is using at home the same PC she uses in the office?

2. Does she have a software firewall?

3. Does she have a hardware firewall?

4. Is she entering the FQDN of the server to connect to from the outside world?

5. Can she ping the server from home?

Is the PC she is using at home the same PC she uses in the office?

All employees work from home. We do not have an office. So yes, the computer is her home/work PC.

Does she have a software firewall? Does she have a hardware firewall?

I have completely disable all firewall & virus software and it still will not connect.

Is she entering the FQDN of the server to connect to from the outside world? Can she ping the server from home?

Yes, she can ping the server from home.

Thank you for your help!

Under the ADVANCED option, check the box that states “Use OLD SSL port method”, and this corrects the issue. At least it did for this user.

In your openfire.xml file you may not have enough authentication protocols enabled to allow for easy authentication via various types of clients/network configs. For example I use this line in my sasl config section: <mechs>GSSAPI,CRAM-MD5,DIGEST-MD5,PLAIN,EXTERNAL</mechs>