Is it possible to change the time the Spark popup Caller ID is visible?

Well, the best way would be for it to switch back to online from on the phone in all scenarios (just like it does when auto away doesn’t kick in yet). Your proposed way is probably ok too. I haven’t found anything in XEPs describing how it should work. But if i say set it to DND and then walk away for a half of a day. maybe it is more useful to show, that i’m away and not at the desk doing something important. Phone calls probably can be determined as “activity” and auto away might not turn on for this presence.

I thought about switching to online in all scenarios, but if a call rings and isn’t answered with the the computer locked, then the presences would get stuck at “online”.

What I tried to accomplish is this: If idle set the presences, the phone will try to return to what it set. If the desktop is locked, the phone will try to return to “away”, and if of course the user was online when the phone was answered, then it would return to online or avail… The challenge came with two different things handling presence for different reasons at the same time. What to do if on the phone, and idle kicks in, or answering the phone while in idle, and coming out of it., or on the phone, screen locked, then disconnecting the call!..

Anyway, I think I have something that works. It might be the long way of doing it, and there is probably a better way…but i’m a newbie at this!

Now, who wants to test?

Here’s the link to the latest nightly build http://www.igniterealtime.org/builds/spark/dailybuilds/spark_2_7_5_764.exe Which i suppose has your changes (or some of them)

Cool Cool,

I’ll push it out first thing in the morning and see what happens…LOL

Do you guys have a beer fund?

Lance

We don’t Actually, on the opposite, we are looking for someone to give money to work on Spark. Speedy gave a try to Upwork, but nothing good came up from that. I know another person looking for someone to work on Spark and willing to sponsor, but it’s hard to find someone willing to work on a dated Java Swing application.

maybe it would be easier to find someone to move it to javafx! lol

Sorry, but this didn’t seem to fix anything.

I’m still showing people on the phone when they are not.

In the pic, our phone system admin console shows me detailed status of all the staff, Green is line is ringing or in use, White is available.

So it;s still not lining up with what the phones are doing.

Thanks

Lance

thanks. Since this has gone off topic, lets move the conversation to status doesn’t change back from “on the phone”

please answer in the new thread, did you try the new build of spark with those user? what platform is spark installed on? So far its working as it should for me