Is it possible to create multi-user chat using GTalk service?

I am wondering if it is possible to create MultiUserChat using GTalk service? What subdomain should I pass into the MultiUserChat constructor:

MultiUserChat muc = new MultiUserChat(connection, "domain goes here").

Another thing that I am interested in is the GTalk ability to process high frequency data. I conducted an experiment. I sent a message to another friend every 100ms. The first few messages were properly received but the remaing. Insterestingly, the remaining messages were echoed back to me. Is that what supposed to be?

I appreciate for any kind help.

I’ve figured out the first question:

For GTalk, the domain is “private-chat-” + uuid.toString() + "@groupchat.google.com";

1 Like

Are you sure? If you type

String service=connection.getServiceName(); // service=“google.com”

items = sdm.discoverItems(service);

It is throw exception. It’s sounds like that google.com haven’t services?

But if you type

sdm.discoverItems(“jabber.org”);

In log you will have:

INFO/Service Info(452):

INFO/Service Info(452):

INFO/Service Info(452):

And I use "roomName@conference.jabber.org" as domain and it’s work. If I use "roomName@groupchat.google.com" it’s crash with:

WARN/System.err(452): feature-not-implemented(501)

But I’am using asmack with android maybe it is reason for these resuts?

“pivate-chat-”+uuid+"@groupchat.google.com" works very well when I create MUC and join in room like following:

room=“private-chat-” + UUID.randomUUID().toString() + "@groupchat.google.com";

MultiUserChat muc = new MultiUserChat(connection, room);

muc.join(userName);

muc.sendConfigurationForm(new Form(Form.TYPE_SUBMIT));

But before with "@conference.jabber.org" i used this:

room=roomName+"@conference.jabber.org";

MultiUserChat muc = new MultiUserChat(connection, room);

muc.create(userName);

muc.sendConfigurationForm(new Form(Form.TYPE_SUBMIT));

In first sample I use muc.join(…), because it’s didn’t work when i typed muc.create(…) instead second approach which work fine with muc.create, but last approach calls this problem. And i decided to stop on first version of MUC with "@groupchat.google.com".

Hi, all.

I’m building MUC application using gmail accounts. But when I start a groupchat and send a message to the other user, I’m getting back the same message from the other user. The message is reverted back to me!

e.g: Suppose if “User1” sends “hi…”, the same message “hi…” is reverted automatically from the “User2”. So that the chat on my client app looks like this:

User1: hi…

User2: hi… // this message automatically comes back as a message from User2

Can anyone help with this problem?

Thanks!