Is Spark privacy secure?

hi,

I would like to know if anyone can view what spark users are talking to each other. like a network admin or something? and how to clear our chat log?

If one can put a sniffer program in a network and if secure messaging is not turned in the Openfire (or other jabber server in use), then it is possible to read the text of messages. Not easy readable though by default.

What do you mean by chat log? Group chat log can be cleared only by a server admin. Spark users personal history is saved in C:\Documents and Settings\User\Spark\user\username@servername\transcripts\ dir. Also, if you select the Disable Chat History checkbox in Spark Preferences it will ask you if you want to delete all previous conversations.

Of course, clearing of logs won’t help if message auditing/archiving is turned on on the server. All chats will be saved there and available for the admin.

thank you. that means if the admin turns on the logging. we have no privacy whatsoever… i guess i just have to live with it. thank you for the clear answer again.