Is the priority handled incorrectly?

Hi … iv’‘e a question i read once (i think it was on de.wikipedia) if some client has a negative priority it is shown as offline if no other ressource with a priority >= 0 is online and it does not recive messages since they’'re not explicitly addressed to the client with the low id via the ressource…

e.g.

if my bot is online with an priority -1 and no other client is online with this account noone should see my contact as online an if someone tries to send me a message it will be threatened as an offline message (means it’'ll be stored on the server and delivered as soon as an client comes online with a priority greater than -1)

or are my informations incorrect - because i wonder… i’‘think wildfire dosn’'t show this behaviour …

Hi,

as far as I know the xmpp spec is not very strict on defining how to handle a negative priority.

I did never hear of presence packets which should be dropped because of the priority. If your bot does not want to send presence updates it may use a privacy list.

The messages should probably indeed be stored in the offline table

LG

http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc3921.txt 11.1-4 Inbound Stanzas

“For message stanzas, … However, the server MUST NOT deliver the stanza to an available resource with a negative priority; …”

“For presence stanzas … the server MUST deliver the stanza to all available resources;…”

LG

JM-1009

ah, nice