Is there any special port that needs to be open on client machine for Spark client to communicate to server?

Greetings,

Is there any special port that needs to be open on client machine for Spark client to be able to communicate with OpenFire server? Or is the normal port 80 or 443 used…?

Thanks in advance,

siquser

Client is using random high ports, maybe some range of high ports.

Is there any way of specifying the outgoing port on the client?

If you’ll check your system with TCPView, you’ll see that most (or maybe all) of the programs are using random high ports. This is common and there is no option to change this in Spark.

The reason I’m asking is the following scenario:

I would like to set up a web server behind a NAT device, connect the webserver to a jabber/openfire server outside NAT throught the java API and then when a client connects with his browser to the web based jabber server, I want the web Server (which is logged on the same Jabber server throught the Java client API) to send a message to the client with a link to the web server inside the NAT. As of now, I have the sending of the link working, but the client can not connect, because the web server is on a different port from the Jabber service. To make this work I need to punch a hole in the NAT on the port used by the web server from the inside. As far as I know this is exactly what jingle does, but then how does this work when I only have a web based client in the other end? and want to allow the client to access a web page on the inside of the NAT device?

Is this an impossible problem, or am I thinking too complicated?

Sorry, i dont have enough knowledge to answer this.