Issue importing plugin packages (specifically the gateway plugin) in Java

I’m attempting to create a class that provides an xml-rpc interface for openfire. Thus far, I have a successful interface for user management, but I’m now trying to provide an interface for the gateway plugin.

The gateway plugin currently has an xml-rpc interface, but I’d like it to be integrated into one plugin, as well as add a few more options (specifically, adding and removing buddies from transports. I therefore want to extend the existing class, ConfigManager, to my class, GatewayManager. Here’s a clip of my code:

import org.jivesoftware.openfire.gateway.GatewayPlugin.ConfigManager;

public class GatewayManager extends ConfigManager

however, compiling the plugin, I get these errors:

package org.jivesoftware.openfire.gateway does not exist

import org.jivesoftware.openfire.gateway.GatewayPlugin;

package org.jivesoftware.openfire.gateway.GatewayPlugin does not exist

import org.jivesoftware.openfire.gateway.GatewayPlugin.ConfigManager;

cannot find symbol

symbol: class ConfigManager

public class GatewayManager extends ConfigManager

I’ve tried including the gateway.jar in the build/lib directory, and in the plugin’s lib directory. I’ve tried importing it just as “gateway”, instead of “org.jivesoftware.openfire.gateway”. If there’s some method I can use to remedy this, please let e know, as this is due for a class project on Thursday. If there isn’t, I’ll either have to copy the relevant classes (which is a pain, as it’s code I don’t want to be stuck maintaining), or extending the Gateway plugin itself (which is something I don’t want to have to do).