Issues after upgrading to 3.10

I upgraded to 3.10 this week and after doing so, I’ve had to reboot the server every morning to allow people to log in. If I don’t reboot, everyone gets the “invalid username or password” error on their side. Once I reboot, everything works without issue.

Spark 2.7.0

Openfire 3.10 running on Server 2012 R2

AD Integration

Also, I’m not sure if this is the correct place to post this, but 3.10 seems to identify Spark 2.7.0 clients as 2.6.3

tgtcat6 wrote:

Also, I’m not sure if this is the correct place to post this, but 3.10 seems to identify Spark 2.7.0 clients as 2.6.3

I noticed this issue to. I found it is the resource= line in spark.properties for each user. After the upgrade from the old profile, it doesn’t automatically update - unless you delete the line resource= entry, which is what I’ve been doing on my users. Seems to be working, so far.

I upgraded to 3.10 this week and after doing so, I’ve had to reboot the server every morning to allow people to log in. If I don’t reboot, everyone gets the “invalid username or password” error on their side. Once I reboot, everything works without issue.

This is probably the same issues as 100% CPU Usage

I suggest to go back to 3.9.3 until this is fixed. Ignite Realtime: Download Landing

As Justin noted, this number is pulled from the resource property of a client (which can be anything, e.g. “work”, “home”, “skynet”). When a new user profile is created, Spark puts its version number (at the moment) as a resource by default. I suggest to change it to something neutral, so it won’t confuse you. You can’t identify Spark’s real version via that.