Issues with compiling Spark 2.5.8 and 2.6.0 beta 2

I have a couple issues that I need some assistance with. I am trying to hard code our server address and rename the program for slight company branding. I have have Tried the same steps using both 2.5.8 and 2.6.0 beta 2 and I get the same issues with both.

I need to start off and saying I’m learning as I go, I’m not an expert on any of this code, and most things have been learned from trail and error, so if im going about this all wrong please forgive me.

Info:

Advanced installer: 6.5.2 (Java version)

JRE: 1.6.0_07 or _10 (i have both JRE and JDK folders)

Spark versions: 2.5.8 / 2.6.0 Beta 2 Source

Issue 1) While compiling from the command line using ant i receive an error message that states:

installer.msi:
[copy] Copying 1 file to C:\Documents and Settings\rthompson\Desktop\Spark-2.6-beta\build\installer
[exec]
[exec] Exception - The version format is incorrect.

BUILD FAILED
C:\Documents and Settings\rthompson\Desktop\Spark-2.6-beta\build\build.xml:456:
exec returned: -536805276

According to the build.xml line 456 is:

failonerror=“true”>

how ever the error message refers to this line:

No Big deal, i can hard code it and get it to move on.

So the next error has to do with Syntax of using Advanced installer, I am using version 6.5.2 (This could also be the cause of my fist error) My solution was to just rip out the section of the build.xml and only have a section of the code to tell it to build both projects with the same name (only interested in building the JRE version).

Now i encounter a new error not related to advanced installer:

installer.msi:
[exec]
[exec] [ DefaultBuild ]
[exec]
[exec] Building package (en): C:\Documents and Settings\rthompson\Desktop\Spark-2.6-beta\build\installer\spark.msi
[exec] Preparing files… done.
[exec] Creating CAB file(s)…
[exec] Exception - Error opening file: C:\Documents and Settings\rthompson\Desktop\Spark-2.6-beta\target\build\plugins\fastpath.jar.pac k.

BUILD FAILED
C:\Documents and Settings\rthompson\Desktop\Spark-2.6-beta\build\build.xml:456:
exec returned: 536805277

Now I looked this up and found that the path is set in the api and the location is in the src folder, both which point correctly. I am unsure what causes this error so I removed it from the API to get it to continue to build out…

Line removed:

150:

Run again… No errors showing up while compiling:

[exec] [ BuildWithJre ]
[exec]
[exec] Building package (en): C:\Documents and Settings\rthompson\Desktop\Spark-2.6-beta\build\installer\spark.msi
[exec] Preparing files… done.
[exec] Creating CAB file(s)… done.
[exec] Creating MSI database… done.
[exec] Inserting CAB file(s) into MSI… done.
[exec] Writing Summary Information… done.
[exec] Build time: 41 sec.
[exec]
[exec]
[exec] Total build time: 52 sec.
[exec] Build finished successfully.

Time to install…

Error while installing:

The file ‘idlelinux.jar.pack’ can not be installed because the file cannot be found in the cabinet file ‘disk1.cab’. this could indicate a network error, an error reading from the CD-ROM, or a problem with this package.

So I removed idlelinux.jar.pack from build.xml like i did before with fastpath:

Once doing all this im able to install and run the client with no issues. Im wondering if these pack files are needed and if so what i can do to resolve this issue.

Thanks,

Ryan

I placed a email to advanced installer and they responded with the following:

Hi Ryan,

While compiling from the command line using ant i receive an error

message that states:

installer.msi:

[copy] Copying 1 file to C:\Documents and Settings\rthompson

\Desktop\Spark-2.6-beta\build\installer

[exec]
 [exec] Exception - The version format is incorrect.

I noticed in your build script that the “${version}” property is set to something like this:

“${version.major}.${version.minor}.${version.revision}.${version.extra}”

Since “${version.extra}” is set to “beta2”, the version will be incorrect. Please note that the product version can contain only numerical values:

I Changed it from Beta2 to just 2

My solution was to just rip out the section of the build.xml and only

have a section of the code to tell it to build both projects with the

same name (only interested in building the JRE version).

Please note that the “/build” and “/rebuild” commands can use the “-buildslist” parameter to define the builds which will generate a package.

I am going to continue and run it with out the buildlist command, I have named the 2 build msi files in the API to resolve this issue.

Exception - Error opening file: C:\Documents and Settings\rthompson

\Desktop\Spark-2.6-beta\target\build\plugins\fastpath.jar.pac k.

Does this file exist in the folder from which Advanced Installer tries to read it? If so, please make sure that the file is not used by another process.

I noticed that the exception tries to find the file “fastpath.jar.pac k”

(with a space before the letter “k”). Is this the actual message or its a typing mistake?

I found that I was missing the file, I was able to locate this file from an older copy and placed it in with my beta 2 soruce code, the space was from dos window.

The file ‘idlelinux.jar.pack’ can not be installed because the file

cannot be found in the cabinet file ‘disk1.cab’. this could indicate a

network error, an error reading from the CD-ROM, or a problem with

this package.

This problem is usually caused by the sequence of the files. Please try removing and re-adding the file to the project.

I have not had this error since i corrected the FastPath issue as noted above.

Hey,

have the same errors.

Regards

Jens Lehmann