Java 7 Error in online Installer?

Still install4j parms are not updated, this is in the 14jparams.conf in the .install4j folder in the spark instalation folder:

Sorry, what should I set those values to then? Both to 1.7 ?

Maybe min can still be 1.6

1 Like

With Java 7 nearly at the end of its life and Java 8 on the horizon, is there a technical reason to set the upper limit to Java 7?

This bug substantially limits our use of Spark and I expect the same is true for many others. I’d hate to repeat the problem in a year when we’re forced to switch to Java 8.

1 Like

If you want to future proff it for a while I would do Max version 1.8, jmo

im with homeofconomy

Good point. So max 1.8. And Min 1.6?

hehe, I was hoping somebody would just tell me what to put, I have made another attempt!

ya that min max version clobbers the install for sure.

if you “must” put somthing in there put 1.5 min and 1.8 max for now

looks like it isnatlls now, still checking

Looks like we now have some elevated rights issues with installing it on Windows 7, even after using admin rights to install the app it will not run with reg user rights for some reason, gives the java environment variable issue prompt.

It doesn’t install correctly if setup is launched with limited user and then admin credentials are given. But for me it install ok if installer is launched via Run as administrator.

Right but it will not run once a regular user logs in :wink:

The new installers doesn’t have UAC shield icon on them. Not sure what is the problem. 633 build still had the shield (when install4j was updated). So it must be a configuration change with install4j params.

You want to run installer when regular user login? Why? I install it via shutdown script, then it uses System permissions. Btw, after installing it via Run as and logging in with regular user Spark starts fine (with Hidden option).

Maybe this is missing?

No I do not want to run the installer as a normal user, however you must install the app using admin user, but then you cant run the app as a normal user.

I get the No JVM could be found on your system. error Please Define EXE4J_JAVA_HOME

642 build? What OS? Runs ok for me on Windows 7 32-bit.

You have to run Spark manuall once, for autorun value to be written into registry. So if you only install it and copy spark.properties file it won’t startup when regular user logins.

If you first run it with a user and login, then it will work. Tested with Win8 x64 now. I think you will run into same problem with older builds (old install4j and min 1.5 max 1.6).

So, the problem now is that new installers don’t have an UAC shield (probably not presented as windows platform installers). Daryl?