java.lang.NullPointerException (DeliverRawTextTask.java:71)

I noticed that I am seeing this a lot on most of my cluster nodes:

2007-10-29 15:04:35.044 Oracle Coherence GE 3.3/387 <Error> (thread=Invocation:OpenFire Cluster Service, member=3): Failure to execute an Invocable object: java.lang.NullPointerException

java.lang.NullPointerException

at com.jivesoftware.openfire.session.DeliverRawTextTask.run(DeliverRawTextTask.jav a:71)

at com.jivesoftware.util.cache.CoherenceClusteredCacheFactory$1.run(CoherenceClust eredCacheFactory.java:311)

at com.tangosol.coherence.component.util.daemon.queueProcessor.service.InvocationS ervice.onInvocationMessage(InvocationService.CDB:6)

at com.tangosol.coherence.component.util.daemon.queueProcessor.service.InvocationS ervice$InvocationMessage.onReceived(InvocationService.CDB:32)

at com.tangosol.coherence.component.util.daemon.queueProcessor.Service.onMessage(S ervice.CDB:9)

at com.tangosol.coherence.component.util.daemon.queueProcessor.Service.onNotify(Se rvice.CDB:123)

at com.tangosol.coherence.component.util.Daemon.run(Daemon.CDB:35)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)

not sure why this happens or what it is doing. Can someone shed some light as to why this happens?

Hey Mick,

That error happens when a session is no longer available. Lets say that nodeA sends 10 requests to nodeB to do something with a given session. If the specified session was closed at the time the requests were received you will see that error. Do you know if that was your case?

Thanks,

– Gato

This was probably the case. Thanks for the quick reply.

• Mick