Java Plugin error

Hi,

I started as a linux user 6 months ago so I am pretty new to all this…This week I decided to install an internal IM server for my company and I found out that Wildfire would be a good choice. I am running Slackware 10.0 (I did not install it, was already up and running) and so far I have succeeded to install Java 1.5 and also Wildfire. I got Wildfire running, access the web setup page but when I reached the last step in the setup (the place where you configure the admin username/password), I pressed next button and nothing happened…the page was trying to load but it never ended up loading(I left it opened for 30 min!). Anyways, I closed my browser, re-opened it, re-accessed the setup page and as soon as I reached the last step, it did the same thing, so it seemed the setup may never complete.

So I uninstall wildfire, re-install it, re-run it and now I can’‘t even access the web setup page at all! I took a look at the error.log and found out this may be a Java plugin error, here’'s the output of the error.log file:

2007.02.08 15:01:57 org.jivesoftware.wildfire.container.PluginManager.loadPlugin(PluginManager.java: 466) Error loading plugin

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax/servlet/ServletException

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.container.AdminConsolePlugin.(AdminConsolePlugin.java :53)

at sun.reflect.GeneratedConstructorAccessor5.newInstance(Unknown Source)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.Class.newInstance0(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.Class.newInstance(Unknown Source)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.container.PluginManager.loadPlugin(PluginManager.java :345)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.container.PluginManager.access$200(PluginManager.java :46)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.container.PluginManager$PluginMonitor.run(PluginManag er.java:920)

at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Unknown Source)

at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRunAndReset(Unknown Source)

at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.runAndReset(Unknown Source)

at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.access$101 (Unknown Source)

at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.runPeriodi c(Unknown Source)

at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(Unknow n Source)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(Unknown Source)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

it seems that it’'s continuously log the same error almost every 20 seconds…Anybody got a idea on what could go wrong?

Thx in advance!