java.sql.SQLException: Table ''jabber.jivePresence'' doesn''t exist

Hello,

I’'ve been trying to troubleshoot my Openfire server (becuase it periodically crashes), and I noticed that this exception in the error.log and stderror.log keeps popping up:

java.sql.SQLException: Table ‘‘jabber.jivePresence’’ doesn’'t exist

at com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.checkErrorPacket(MysqlIO.java:2975)

at com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.sendCommand(MysqlIO.java:1600)

at com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.sqlQueryDirect(MysqlIO.java:1695)

at com.mysql.jdbc.Connection.execSQL(Connection.java:3004)

at com.mysql.jdbc.PreparedStatement.executeInternal(PreparedStatement.java:1128)

at com.mysql.jdbc.PreparedStatement.executeQuery(PreparedStatement.java:1222)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.spi.PresenceManagerImpl.loadOfflinePresence(PresenceM anagerImpl.java:515)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.spi.PresenceManagerImpl.probePresence(PresenceManager Impl.java:333)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.spi.PresenceManagerImpl.handleProbe(PresenceManagerIm pl.java:279)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.PresenceRouter.handle(PresenceRouter.java:162)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.PresenceRouter.route(PresenceRouter.java:69)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.spi.PacketRouterImpl.route(PacketRouterImpl.java:75)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.net.SocketReader.processPresence(SocketReader.java:26 5)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.net.ServerSocketReader.access$101(ServerSocketReader. java:46)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.net.ServerSocketReader$2.run(ServerSocketReader.java: 104)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java: 650)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:675)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)

Is this something I should worry about? The MySQL database I am using is from September of ''05 when I started using Openfire/Wildfire/Whatever it was called in ''05. Are there any scripts available to appropriatey update the database to the latest standard for Openfire?

Thanks!

Well heck…I may have started to find an answer to my question already!

I installed the Presence Service plugin sometime ago and it showed to be quite unstable. So I’'m assuming that the table that is missing is the table that the plugin will store presence information.

Soo…does anybody know the best way to create this table so that the Presence Service plugin will function correctly?

Thanks,

Anthony

Wait, maybe I’'m wrong. I just checked and the only plugin I have installed is the Search plugin. Now I am stumped, again. lol

Message was edited by: thunder04

All the scripts are in the “upgrade” directory under database. My recommendation would be to look at the latest script, and add the missing table manually.

Cheers,

Alex

Thanks! That seems to have done the trick.