Jingle and IM issues

Hi, I have been working with OpenFire (3.4.3) and Spark (2.5.8) and was having various issues that I cannot find the cause of.

My most pressing issue is that with Jingle. I have OpenFire freshly installed on a server with Spark clients all having the Jingle plugin installed. The problem I am having is that the button to begin a voice call does not appear. I have mediaproxy enabled. Is there any guide I can follow to get Jingle voice calling working?

The second issue that I am having is occasionally when two clients IM eachother, names and time stamps appear, but the actual message text does not get sent between clients. The issue is sporadic and I am thinking that the issue is caused by security settings on the network. My next step was to jump on with Wireshark and investigate what is actually being sent on the line. I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this or knows of a fix.

I have a little bit more information now. For some reason Jingle and pc to pc calling works fine when calling between two installed windows versions. I have an issue when I use the linux version or try to launch directly from startup.jar .

Does anyone have an idea what the problem may be?

Hi,

I also have the problem that the button to begin a voice call does not appear. ?:expressionless:

Server: Openfire 3.5.1 on Windows Server 2003 SP2

Client: Spark 2.5.8 Windows XP and Vista

Can you let me now how you solved this problem (as I can see in your second post)?

Thanks!

By the way: Really a great solution and well documented!! Thanks to all developers here.