Jingle and softphone plugin in spark 2.5.3

Hi folks,

I need help. Tt is getting very very very frustrated for me. I downloaded spark 2.5.3 for windows, installed, and ran, everything is just fine. But I simply cann’'t find how to make a computer-to-computer voice converation. There is no “place a phone call” button whatsoever!!!

If I click spark-plugins, I can see jingle and softphone plugins are installed. But where are they?

I’'ve spent 2+ hours on this, and about to smack my head to the wall. Could someone please tell me what I missed? Thanks a bunch!!!

i’'ve the same problems … sometimes - the best experiences i have with

uninstall spark and remove all traces from your computer

now download the big exe file (with jre included)

that’'s working for me

and if you have linux - i think there’'s no support for audio conferencing under linux yet

Hello!

Took me also way to long to find it.

As soon as one of your guys in the roster has also 2.5.x there should be a CALL menu item when you right click the roster entry.

What still puzzles me however is where to select which audio device I would like to use. My PC has 3 audio input and 4 audio output devices…

Bye

Starry

starry99 wrote:

What still puzzles me however is where to select which audio device I would like to use. My PC has 3 audio input and 4 audio output devices…

i don’'t think that you can select one - spark will take that one thats selected as standard device in your system configuration

Unfortunately being able to select an audio device is NOT an option right now due to : http://www.igniterealtime.org/forum/thread.jspa?messageID=144231&#144231

Which I brought up some time ago, an the response is at the bottom. I am hoping to see this change in the future, as I purchased 300 of those phones for our district, hoping one day to be able to use them with jingle feature. School is out for summer now, so at least I just bought myself some time, otherwise I have to search out some other type of voip solution for my district (which I really don’'t want to do ). Only time will tell! They are doing lots of great things around here, so I am going to sit by an enjoy the ride!

Scott

Thanks guys. Problem is solved! I reinstalled spark with jvm version. Created two dummy users, both log in with spark 2.5.3 on windows xp, and subscribe to each other. Now I can make calls! I can also confirm that this doesn’'t work if one of the clients is under linux (at least ubuntu), just as SmilingJ said.