Jingle FMJ/JMF Issue

All,

Like a number of you, I’ve been hacking away at the Jingle Demo.java trying to get it to work, and I have made some progress. Now, my Demo app will successfully negotiate a Jingle session with a standalone Spark client, but then it fails when trying to access the microphone (this results in a “Voice chat ended: No Media Received” message in the Spark client). I get two stack traces:

WARNING: java.net.MalformedURLException: unknown protocol: dsound

java.net.MalformedURLException: unknown protocol: dsound

at java.net.URL.(URL.java:574)

at java.net.URL.(URL.java:464)

at java.net.URL.(URL.java:413)

at javax.media.MediaLocator.getURL(MediaLocator.java:30)

at javax.media.Manager.createProcessor(Manager.java:338)

at mil.jfcom.cie.media.session.MediaSession.(MediaSession.java:219)

at mil.jfcom.cie.media.session.MediaSession.createInstance(MediaSession.java:118)

at org.jivesoftware.smackx.jingle.mediaimpl.jspeex.AudioMediaSession.createSession (AudioMediaSession.java:93)

I’m pretty sure this is just a warning, as the smack code will default back to “javasound://”, but it looks like the dsound library is part of JMF so maybe it’s a symptom of something else?

However, I think the worse error is:

INFO: E: javax.media.NoProcessorException: No microphone device available or JMF not installed.

javax.media.NoProcessorException: No microphone device available or JMF not installed.

at mil.jfcom.cie.media.session.MediaSession.(MediaSession.java:223)

at mil.jfcom.cie.media.session.MediaSession.createInstance(MediaSession.java:118)

at org.jivesoftware.smackx.jingle.mediaimpl.jspeex.AudioMediaSession.createSession (AudioMediaSession.java:93)

I definitely have JMF installed, and I’m able to record audio from the microphone using JMFStudio, so I really don’t have any idea what’s going on here. Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

matt

I’ve attached my modified version of Demo.java.
Demo.java.zip (2099 Bytes)