Jitsi-Jingle and Openfire-Ringo

Hi Emil,

Exceptions have been removed with latest SVN update and audio is coming through.

If we don’t hear from Robin in a few days, I will send him a private message

Thanks for your help and support

He probably is listening to this thread as he asked a question earlier on

If we don’t hear from Robin in a few days, I will send him a private message

Just out of curiosity, is this still something of interest?

I am sure it is let me send him a private message

Hey Nikita,

It’s probably worth pointing out that libjitsi is not entirely written in Java. Audio grabbing, playback, video capture, rendering, some of the audio and all video codecs are native.

Android is a different story. We are currently working on an Android version of libjitsi where all of the above components are replaced by their Android equivalents.

Emil

Nikita,

My concern is, during an audio call, does libjitsi (or at least the futur

android version) will have no memory allocation at all, I mean, no gc

trigger during a call ?

We keep the allocations to a minimum and we believe we find the performance is quite satisfactory. We’ve had problems with performance for Android video decoding but those should be fixed with the new Android 4.1 APIs

btw, when the work on this new smackx/jingle plugin will be publicly available

somewhere, I will be interested by contributing/betatesting and using it in an

app on android.

Great. Or you can already test libjitsi on the desktop via Jitsi (https://jitsi.org).

It is, sorry I haven’t been very responsive but I sent you a private message so we can figure some thing out.

Hey there,

I am not aware of anyone working on this. Libjitsi is out there though, alive and kicking, so I suppose the smack integration proejct is still up for grabs if people are interested. We’d be happy to help. (Provided of course the smack community is interested).

Emil

@Emil Ivov I wonder if this wouldn’t be a nice Google Sommer of Code Project…

Sounds like it would indeed! (Provided of course, that there is a Google Summer of Code in 2013 and that IgniteRealtime gets accepted).

I wrote some code here https://github.com/bejayoharen/java-bells that supports ice, uses libjitsi and works with smack. It is developer friendly in that it has code that shows how to get from commandline, to connection, to audio and video. I hope to make it a replacement for smackx-jingle.

Excellent work. I have noticed it.

Any plans to make it WebRTC? Are you waiting like I am for LibJitsi to provide the WebRTC wrapper?

1 Like

Thanks Dele. Since LibJitsi does all the heavy lifting in my code (of which there is very little) I am going to wait for LibJitsi to implement it.

Hello Dele,

I got a problem afeter having installed jitsi jingle plugin on spark 2.6.3.

I can receive signal call on my spark (2 PC with win7 64bits) I seee a blank window without any buttons on it so I can’t answer the call …

If you can help me, it would be very nice !

Thanks for all the work.

Hello Dele,

I got a problem afeter having installed jitsi jingle plugin on spark 2.6.3.

I can receive signal call on my spark (2 PC with win7 64bits) I seee a blank window without any buttons on it so I can’t answer the call …

If you can help me, it would be very nice !

Thanks for all the work.