Jive Admin Error

I have been using JM for about 1 month now, and so far everything has been great until today.

go here and see the error

http://server.site4me.us:9090

The server still works fine, just when trying to reach the admin page, it throws

exception errors.

I dont know what happened, as I havent changed anything, and it did

work until today.

I have already restarted server to see if that would help, but it didnt.

Any advice?

Hey blacksnday,

Check that the commons-el.jar file is available in the webapp classpath. The org.apache.commons.el.parser.ELParser class was not found so you need to be sure that commons-el.jar is available.

Regards,

– Gato

And to add to Gato’‘s message – that library shouldn’'t have magically dissapeared. Are you sure that nobody was mucking with your installation?

Regards,

Matt

just checked and commons-el.jar is there in the folder

/jive_messenger/lib/

and I am the only one who has access to the Server Admin area-- so I know no one got in there.

I was in the admin section, then once I clicked on the Members area thats when the admin froze and wouldnt load- so then i restarted server and thats when the error showing now started.

maybe try re-adding commons-el.jar?

I’‘m wondering if something else is going wrong and this error isn’‘t the true problem. Can you check what’'s in logs/error.log?

Regards,

Matt

this is the error showing

2005.05.13 21:01:44 org.jivesoftware.messenger.container.PluginManager$PluginMonitor.unzipPlugin(Plu ginManager.java:485)

java.util.zip.ZipException: error in opening zip file

at java.util.zip.ZipFile.open(Native Method)

at java.util.zip.ZipFile.(Unknown Source)

at java.util.jar.JarFile.(Unknown Source)

at java.util.jar.JarFile.(Unknown Source)

at org.jivesoftware.messenger.container.PluginManager$PluginMonitor.unzipPlugin(Pl uginManager.java:453)

at org.jivesoftware.messenger.container.PluginManager$PluginMonitor.run(PluginMana ger.java:366)

at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Unknown Source)

at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRunAndReset(Unknown Source)

at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.runAndReset(Unknown Source)

at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.access$101 (Unknown Source)

at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.runPeriodi c(Unknown Source)

at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(Unknow n Source)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(Unknown Source)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

just wanted to let it known—it somehow fixed itself and all is good again