Jive Messenger 1.0.4 Install Problem Linux

I am having a problem installing Messenger 1.0.4 on my linux server running RH7.3 & Tomcat. After I’'ve downloaded the the linux.bin file and chmod a+x and ./ I get the following error(s). I have successfully installed the Jive Forums 3.1.x on the same server so I know I have met the requirements. I am trying to deploy this as an app-server installation. any help would be much appreciated. Any chance of just offering a generic tar.gz version? Like they do for the Forums and Knowledgebase. Thanks,

Rob

./jive_messenger_1_0_4_linux.bin

Preparing to install…

Extracting the installation resources from the installer archive…

Configuring the installer for this system’'s environment…

Launching installer…

Invocation of this Java Application has caused an InvocationTargetException. This application will now exit. (LAX)

Stack Trace:

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError

at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)

at java.lang.Class.forName(Class.java:140)

at java.awt.GraphicsEnvironment.getLocalGraphicsEnvironment(GraphicsEnvironment.ja va:62)

at java.awt.Window.init(Window.java:224)

at java.awt.Window.(Window.java:268)

at java.awt.Frame.(Frame.java:398)

at java.awt.Frame.(Frame.java:363)

at com.zerog.ia.installer.Main.c(Unknown Source)

at com.zerog.ia.installer.Main.main(Unknown Source)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.ja va:25)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:324)

at com.zerog.lax.LAX.launch(Unknown Source)

at com.zerog.lax.LAX.main(Unknown Source)

GUI-

deploy this as an app-server installation. any help

would be much appreciated. Any chance of just

offering a generic tar.gz version? Like they do for

the Forums and Knowledgebase. Thanks,

That’‘s a good idea. I’‘ll make sure there’'s a plain tarball in the next release (which will occur this week).

java.awt.GraphicsEnvironment.getLocalGraphicsEnvironme

t(GraphicsEnvironment.java:62)

at java.awt.Window.init(Window.java:224)

at java.awt.Window.(Window.java:268)

at java.awt.Frame.(Frame.java:398)

at java.awt.Frame.(Frame.java:363)

The installer requires Swing to run and I’‘m guessing from the error you don’‘t have a GUI on your server box. If you don’'t want to wait for the next release, run the installer on a box with a GUI, then grab the files in the created directory and move them over to your server. This is a case where the added convenience of a graphical installer is backfiring on us.

Let me know if you need more help with this.

-iain

Thanks for the follow up. I look forward to the next release this week in tar form.

Thanks Again.

Rob