Jive Messenger 2.3.0 Alpha 1 is out!

The alpha 1 release of Jive Messenger 2.3.0 is url=http://www.jivesoftware.org/downloads.jspnow available[/url]. Although the changelog is quite small, this release represents an important step forward for the project with TLS (c2s), SASL (c2s) and PAM authentication support.

TLS and SASL support have been tested extensively with many popular client. The main reason we named this release an alpha version and not a beta version is that we wanted to make these new features available even though we will continue adding new features for the final version. Please post any feedback in the forum.

Enjoy!

JM Team

I’‘ve been trying various XMPP-compatible servers so I’'m new to Jive Messenger, but I must say that I like what I see so far. It installed very smoothly under Windows XP, which is a lot more than I can say for a couple others.

I installed the 2.3.0 alpha 1 release because of the SASL support, which I had already implemented in the XMPP library I’‘m writing, but this version doesn’'t seem to advertise the SASL mechanisms in the initial stream:features stanza, as required by RFC3920. Is this a bug or do I have to enable this somewhere?

Thanks,

-Anatoly

Hey Anatoly,

AFAIK, the spec does not require servers to offer SASL mechanisms in the initial stream header. I think that it is up to each server to decide of SASL is available over plain connections.

I made a modification in my local server and will try to test it. I will update this thread when the improvement will be available.

Thanks,

– Gato