Jive Messenger and Pandion Invisible Status

Hi all

I am using Jive Messenger 2.1.2 and Pandion 2.1.1.

When I set My Status to invisible, all other users appear to me as offline. The Pandion people think that there is a possiblity that Pandion does not support Invisible mode. IIs this correct? What is your take on this issue?

Many thanks in advance

Hal

Hal,

I believe that Pandion is using JEP-0018 for invisible status. As noted in that JEP, “WARNING: This JEP has been Rejected by the Jabber Council. Implementation of the protocol described herein is not recommended under any circumstances.”

We won’‘t be supporting that protocol in Jive Messenger. Instead, we will support JEP-0126 in the future (the new way to do invisible presence). I’‘ve sent this bug report to Pandion’‘s developers, so hopefully they’'ll make the switch to JEP-0126 in the near future.

Regards,

Matt

Thanks Matt - I also passed your comments to Pandion, and hopefully something good will come of it.

If I can fudge it so that you get the “helpful” AND the “correct” points, I will!!

See you

Paul

Matt,

Pandion now has support for JEP-0126 in the newest Pandion 2.1.2 beta. Could you add a JIRA issue for JEP-0126 support so people can vote for it. Thanks

Could you add a JIRA

issue for JEP-0126 support so people can vote for it.

Actually, JEP-0126 is just a client-side JEP. However, to make it work, Jive Messenger needs to support privacy rules. You can vote for privacy rules using JM-102.

Thanks,

Matt

Thanks for the clarification. Looks like I’'ve already voted for JM-102 anyway.