Jive Messenger Back Office

Hi,

I have tested Jive Messenger to run a SMS chat application and I am really satisfied by its behavior.

But, while I was using the Admin Console, I would have found some back office datas to check my server activity. What I mean with back office is information about the server load such as on-line users graphs, message flow graphs, room activity graphs… or anything that could define the server work load during a given time.

Such datas could enable admin to define their users’’ use of the service and moreover to adapt their service to them in order to prevent service shutdown due to an over stressed server…

So, does some tools already exists for Jive, and where to find them?

Regards,

Seb

Seb,

The core server has access to a lot of that type of information, but it’‘s not being fully utilized in the admin console yet. We’'re planning on adding many more monitoring features in future releases.

If you have specific requests for the most urgent monitoring info, that would help direct our efforts.

Thanks,

Matt

Hi Matt,

In my opinion, they should be at least 2 graphs in the admin console:

• a graph that shows the evolution of the online users (number of users/time)

• a graph that shows the evolution of user’'s messages traffic (messages/times or (messages/sec)/time)

These 2 graphs best describe the server activity and enable admin to measure the service he is giving to his users (to adapt it if necessary).

On top of that, it could be interesting to have a graph that shows the evolution of the stored messages (messages not delivered because recipients are offline) to try to optimize the memory allocated for these messages per user.

Regards,

Seb

Seb,

Thanks for the feature ideas, we’'d love to add this type of functionality in the near future.

Regards,

Matt