Jive Messenger is now Wildfire

Hello all,

Jive Messenger is now Wildfire server. You can read about the change at:

http://www.jivesoftware.org/wildfire/name_change.jsp

Thanks to everyone that gave us feedback during the name change process!

Regards,

Matt

Matt

Can I just rename jive messenger.xml to wildfire.xml for upgrade? What else do I need to do? Can I copy over keystore for that matter too? Right now it is not working. I will check more in documentation also.

Regards,

Wmhtet

wmhtet,

Yep, you should be able to simply rename the file. Urg, we definitely had to rush to get all the work done so I apologize that we hadn’'t fully thought through all the upgrade issues.

Regards,

Matt

Hey Matt,

the world is faster change that only a day JM alter to wildfire congratulation wildfire’'s born that is a goodname.Chinese have a proverb: ‘‘a little spark kindle a great fire’’,hopefully wildfire is more and more great .

-Tom

But, why the plugins download are still broken?

thx.

But, why the plugins download are still broken?

thx.

Sorry about that! Plugin downloads are now fixed.

Regards,

Matt

the world is faster change that only a day JM alter

to wildfire congratulation wildfire’'s born that is

a goodname.Chinese have a proverb: ''a little spark

kindle a great fire’',hopefully wildfire is more and

more great .

Tom – many thanks for your kind words!

-Matt

I downloaded all the listed plugins and installed into wildfire plugins directory. But, I got no plugins listed in Server > Server Manager > Plugins.

I looked at error and debug logs, there are no errors.

FYI, I upgraded from JM 2.3.0 and the chat function is working properly.

What’'s wrong?

Thx.

HERE IS THE DEBUG MSG:

2005.12.16 14:11:50 Extracting plugin: broadcast

2005.12.16 14:11:50 Extracting plugin: contentfilter

2005.12.16 14:11:50 Extracting plugin: presence

2005.12.16 14:11:51 Extracting plugin: registration

2005.12.16 14:11:51 Extracting plugin: search

2005.12.16 14:11:51 Extracting plugin: userimportexport

2005.12.16 14:11:51 Loading plugin admin

2005.12.16 14:11:59 Loading plugin broadcast

2005.12.16 14:17:12 Loading plugin admin

2005.12.16 14:17:29 Loading plugin broadcast

2005.12.16 14:19:17 Extracting plugin: sparkmanager

2005.12.16 14:19:17 Loading plugin admin

2005.12.16 14:19:23 Loading plugin broadcast

hm, but i dont want to change all my configs, paths and server name, so there could be a problem.

If i leave everything in /opt/jive_messenger would it startup normally?

Hey commedo,

I just uploaded the plugins that work with Wildfire. Could you try downloading them again?

Thanks,

– Gato

Hey wroot,

You may install Wildfire in its own folder and then move/copy files to your old installation. Remember to make a copy of your old installation before doing these changes. BTW, your existing conf/jive-messenger.xml file can be renamed to conf/wildfire.xml if you want to keep your existing configuration.

The start up files have also been renamed (eg. jive-messenger.sh to wildfire.sh). So if you are running the server as a service then I would recommend uninstalling the old service, copy the new files and then install the service again.

Regards,

– Gato

Aaiieeyy!!!

So, let me get this straight

1. Install wildfire to new location (driveletter:\newlocation\wildfire or /newlocation/wildfire)

2. Copy our jive-messenger.xml to wildfire.xml

3. Copy our messenger-service.exe.vmoptions to wildfire-service.exe.vmoptions

4. If on internal db, copy the embedded-db(all files)? to new location

5. Start Wildfire and configure

and all will be happy?

Hey MnMs,

I think you got it. Moreover, if you installed JM as a service you may want to uninstall it (messenger-service /uninstall) and then install wildfire as a service (wildfire-service /install).

Regards,

– Gato

I think you got it. Moreover, if you installed JM as a service you may want to uninstall it (messenger-service /uninstall) and then install wildfire as a service (wildfire-service /install).

Was planning that herr dombiak!

But now i have a bunch of users on my old copy so I’'ll have to do it on the weekend… whee…

Danke!

Did you forgot to upload SparkManager, or someone else handles that plugin? It is not working…

Yep, you should be able to simply rename the file. Urg, we definitely had to rush to get all the work done so I apologize that we hadn’'t fully thought through all the upgrade issues.

Apology accepted…! (If you had needed to make one…)

Hey David,

I’‘m now uploading the newest version of the Asterisk-IM plugin. Once I’'m done with that I will try to fix and upload the newest version of the SparkManager.

Regards,

– Gato

Awesome! Gracias.

Forgot something…

1. If on internal db, copy the embedded-db(all files)? to new location

If you do a new install do those embedded-db files look like wildfire.lck, wildfire.log, wildfire.properties, wildfire.script ?

On an upgrade, can we just rename the messenger.* ones or ?

Thanks.

Almost… just finished doing the upgrade, and there’'s a few extra steps:

• Rename the items in embedded-db to have a “wildfire” prefix instead of a “jive-messenger” prefix.

• If using LDAP, update your wildfire.xml (was jive-messenger.xml) config and change all references from org.jivesoftware.messenger to org.jivesoftware.wildfire.

Our server is now upgraded mostly happily, at least as far as I can tell so far… However, sparkmanager 1.0.1 doesn’'t seem to load up. Is there an updated version of sparkmanager that works properly with the new wildfire namespace?