Jive Messenger Server Not Accepting Connections or Creating Users

Hello,

First off let me say I am very new to Jabber. I am testing Jive Messenger and Jabberd for our developers. I hope someone can help me. This is neat stuff.

I installed Jive Messenger Windows 2000 Server. I used the embedded (HSQLDB) database.

I cannot get GAIM or Exodus to connect to the server. Not the server itself (using localhost or 127.0.0.1 or the host name or the FQDN). or a remote PC. I get disconnected immediately The error logs do not contain information (or I am just not seeing it) about my attempt to auto create and account or attempt to sign in.

I have read I need to enable in-band registration but I cannot find out where to do it. I read I need to do it in the Admin tool but I do not see anything beyond the server settings, DB information, Admin Password and the system checks (all pass).

I ve looked at the configuration file thoroughly (jive-messenger.xml) and cannot find it.

One log (info) says the Jive Messenger license file cannot be found.

Messenger starts, runs and I can launch the Admin tool.

Would appreciate any assistance provided.

Thanks

Kindest Regards,

David

Hi Guys,

I don’'t have any inside information but I think if you can hold on for just a little while longer until Messenger v2 is released a lot of these issue will be resolved, or can be resolved very quickly once people have access to the code. I know a lot of people (myself included) are anxious to get Messenger up and running but I know the wait will be worth it.

Cheers,

Ryan

David,

I cannot get GAIM or Exodus to connect to the server.

Not the server itself (using localhost or 127.0.0.1

or the host name or the FQDN). or a remote PC. I get

disconnected immediately The error logs do not

contain information (or I am just not seeing it)

about my attempt to auto create and account or

attempt to sign in.

I have read I need to enable in-band registration but

I cannot find out where to do it. I read I need to do

it in the Admin tool but I do not see anything beyond

the server settings, DB information, Admin Password

and the system checks (all pass).

You have to launch the admin console. This will open a browser on your localhost at the port 9090. You then need to look at the left of the window under the “Server Settings” section. The “Registration and Login Settings” link allows you to control “Inband Account Registration” and “Anonymous Login”. By default, anyone can create an account using a client.

It will help if you can post the XML that the client is sending and receiving. Using Exodus you should press F12 which will open the debugger window.

Regards,

– Gato