Jive Messenger Service shuts down on Windows 2003

I have successfully installed Jive on a Windows Server 2003 Standard Edition box. I have also successfully set Jive to run as a service. However, the service will only run for about an hour or so and then shut down.

I have checked the logs in Jive and found nothing to explain this behavior. I have also looked in Event Viewer and the only items I found stated ‘‘The Jive Messenger service entered the stopped state.’’

Anyone have any ideas on what migh tbe causing this and how to fix it?

Can you check the error log? You can view it in the logs directory of your installation or in the admin console.

Regards,

Matt

Matt -

Thanx for the quick response.

I looked at the error log (I am assuming you mean under {Jive root}\logs), but it is blank. It has nothing in it at all.

There is another log named ‘‘stderror’’ but all that contains is ‘‘SERVER HALTED’’

Huh, I’'m a bit puzzled. A few things to verify:

1. Are you using the latest release?

2. Can you time how long it takes for the service to shut down a few times? This will tell us if it’'s something random or if it happens after a specific period of time.

3. If you start the server in normal mode (not using the service), does it shut down?

Regards,

Matt

Matt,

1. I am using the latest release, but not the latest nightly build.

2. It looked liuke it would run for about 1.5 hours before shutting down.

3. I didn’'t try this because now it has been running for about 18 hours without shutting down.

Thanx.

1. I didn’'t try this because now it has been running

for about 18 hours without shutting down.

Please let us know if the problem seems to happen again.

Regards,

Matt