Jive messenger

can I, with the web admin of jivemessenger server, create a new group ChatRoom???

Thankx

wahab,

You can create a group chat room through your IM client. Generally, choose to join a chat room then create a new chat room on your server.

Regards,

Greg

I use exodus jabber costomer, I can’‘t create a new chat room??? is there any problem with this costomer??? or exodus isn’'t compatible with jivemessenger???

Thankx

Exodus and Jive Messenger work fine together. When you log in through Exodus are you using your server’‘s name or it’‘s IP address? You have to log in using the server’'s name for everything to work correctly.

Regards,

Greg

there isn’'t a config to do???

I use jivemessenger demo version

it allow this options, and offline message.??

You can configure Jive Messenger through the web admin interface. There is no special configuration beyond setting up Messenger to have Group Chat and Group Chat is available in the demo version.

Offline messages are not available in version 1.0.8. They will be in version 1.1.

Regards,

Greg

jive messenger have a agent og search???

and I have a firewall installed im my pc, I bloked all port only 5222 and 5223

is a firewall caused that my costomer exodus can’'t create a Chat Room???

please answer to me

thankx

Could you clarify what you mean by agent og search? I’'m not sure what you are referring to.

If you can connect and login to Jive Messenger then you should be able to create a Group Chat. Your firewall settings look correct.

Regards,

Greg

if you have a costomer jabber, try to connect in my jive messenger server, url: messenger.algeriecom.com

and try also to create a chat room

thankx

I can connect to the server but I don’'t have an account so I cannot log in.

user : test

pass : test

try again please

*jive-messenger.xml

messenger.algeriecom.com

messenger.algeriecom.com

true

true

true

true

true

true

true

JKS

security/keystore

changeit

false

com.jivesoftware.cache.DefaultConnectionProvider

Driver To connect to my database

URL to my database

ajm8uBE0zDD4H34

true

true

wahab,

Change your in config/jive-messenger.xml setting to “chat.messenger.algerie.com” without the quotes and see what happens.

Regards,

Greg

thank’'s greg

I am very very happy

but

But also I will change in the domain name to “chat.messenger.algeriecom.com”, or in my DNS I will add that chat.messenger.algeriecom.com is a similar to messenger.algeriecom.com???

because, im my room chat, when I click under a user to send him a message, I can not?

;):wink:

Leave as “messenger.algeriecom.com”. When you create a chat room use “chat.messenger.algeriecom.com” as the Room Server.

connect u to my sever with your customer exodus, user test and pass test

I can create a Chat Room, but ther is a problem when I want to sens a message to any user in this Chat Room???

:(:frowning:

messenger.algeriecom.com

chat.messenger.algeriecom.com

Could you make sure that these are the settings in your jive-messenger.xml?

Yes, I have configured my file xml of jivemessenger as you said, but if I makes the ping of chat.messenger.algeriecom.com I have no answer, I don’'t know so I add it has my dns or not, if yes I will make it and to adjust the problem, otherwise I wait for the other solutions.

Sincerely Yours