Jive Wildfire Processes

HI

I have installed Wildfire 3.1.1 on a linux server running centos 4. All went well except that I see over 3700 processes running now. restarted wildfired and back down to normal amount … around 140 …

waited an hour and checked it again. I now have above 1000 processes running.

We only have 5 users playing with it at the present, so I am wondering what the issue is

Has anyone got any ideas?

running java 1.5, connecting to openldap 2.2 for auth and groups

using embedded db at present

Hi,

would you please send a -3 signal to Wildfire (kill -3 wildfirepid)? This should write a stacktrace in wildfire/bin/nohup.out and it will help a lot if you post here the whole content or just the threads which are 1000 times in the file.

LG

I have the same problem, though I currently only have about 34 wildfire processes. (Only one user logged on at the moment.) The server is running on Debian 3.0. I tried the kill -3 command and it kill all the wildfire processes but didn’'t put anything in nohup.out.

Hi,

this seems to be a completely different problem, a normal JVM does not terminate if it receives a QUIT signal.

LG

Ok, but why is wildfire creating so many processes?

Hi,

theses are threads and not processes. Linux may map threads to processes but it’'s just one java process. One thread for pubsub, one for a plugin, one or two for each connection, … 40 threads are norm<al for an idle server.

LG