JM 2.2 Release date?

All,

I was wondering if like many other open source projects you have a projection calendar for upcoming releases? I poked around a bit on the site but didn’'t see anything like this.

Thanks,

Brad

Hi Brad,

I was wondering if like many other open source

projects you have a projection calendar for upcoming

releases?

How often do those project actually meet their release dates?

I poked around a bit on the site but didn’'t see anything like this.

As you’‘ve discovered there is no set time frame. If you take a look at last weeks url=http://www.jivesoftware.org/forums/thread.jspa?threadID=14963developer chat[/url] you’'ll see that an official 2.2 beta should be ready quite soon. How soon 2.2 is declared ready for primetime depends somewhat on how many issues crop up during the beta period.

Hope that helps,

Ryan

Ryan,

Thanks! I appreciate the feedback. My company is currently piloting an IM solution for presence in order to replace a legacy “In/Out board for the LAN” application that runs off of an shudder access database. I’'ve currently chosen Jive as the backend for this solution and am looking forward to forthcoming releases with features like s2s support and possible inclusion of server based avatar control. Your team is doing a wonderful job and I love your product.

Thanks again,

Brad

Hi Brad,

Thanks! I appreciate the feedback. My company is

currently piloting an IM solution for presence in

order to replace a legacy “In/Out board for the LAN”

application that runs off of an shudder access

database.

Ick!

I’'ve currently chosen Jive as the backend

for this solution and am looking forward to

forthcoming releases with features like s2s support

and possible inclusion of server based avatar

control. Your team is doing a wonderful job and I

love your product.

Thanks for your kind words. I’‘m not actually part of the Jive/Messenger team. I’'m just a big fan of collaborative tools in general and Jive products in particular, so I try to help give back to the community by offering assistance on these forums and by contributing bits of code here and there.

The inclusion of s2s support is exciting and should really help increase the adoption rate of Messenger. Messenger version 2.2 is going to be a major release.

Thanks,

Ryan

Ryan – you’'re becoming more and more a member of the core team all the time.

On release dates – we will definitely be locking down a more official release plan in the near future. I would say that a realistic time frame for 2.2.0 would be 3 weeks to a month. However, stable betas will start appearing quite soon.

Thanks,

Matt