Last setup step failed (admin account creation)

Hi Folks-

I’m new to openfire, but have years of experience administering linux boxes. I’ve installed openfire onto a gentoo server from portage (v3.3.2) and started it up, visited the :9090 port on the server, and set everything up, but got an internal server error 500 on the last step (admin account creation) and now when I visit :9090, I’m asked to login (and none of the default credentials work like username: admin and password: admin).

Any idea how to recover from this? I’m using the embedded database as this is my first openfire install.

Thanks.

Hi,

it’s a little bit hard to tell if the database was created completely. If it was you should find a line which starts with

INSERT INTO JIVEUSER VALUES(‘admin’,…

in embedded-db/openfire.script. Change it to start with

INSERT INTO JIVEUSER VALUES(‘admin’,‘admin1234’,NULL,‘Administrator’,‘your@email’,…

so your password will be admin1234.

And the line “INSERT INTO JIVEVERSION VALUES(‘openfire’,11)” must be in the file, otherwise the installation was not complete.

I may quote the Linux Installation Guide (not the official documentation):

Make sure that the unix command “hostname” returns a valid name, for example “example.com” and that your /etc/hosts file does contain this name, for example in the first line together with “127.0.0.1 localhost example.com”. Or that you can resolve it using DNS. Actually the setup page after choosing your locale settings will return a HTTP 500 error if there is a problem.

LG