Latest Spark version from SVN

Oh, you mean this cutting on the left. This is a long time and known issue and it’s the same on the XP. Image itself (spark.jar/images/spark-16x16.png) looks better, though it seems that it has a cut on the left too, but it looks worse in the systray. I see that in you case it is also cut at the top, though it looks ok here on XP. Anyway, we have discussed this with cstux last week. He said he’ll try to do something with that, so i hope he will be able to fix this.

the problem ist not the big icon but not showing the actual status in the systray or is the big icon interfering the other symbols?

As i said in my first reply the issue with ‘no actual status’ is already fixed in 11044 version. But it is not yet uplaoded.

i’m sorry for not reading properly . thx for the fast reply. in the next days i am going to compile an actual cvs into a customized .msi if everything works…maybe i’ll roll it out! or are there any bigger problems in this state?

No big problems. I actualy use svn version at home every day. Only the new features can be somewhat buggy, but usually cstux quickly fixes them.

Hey, everyone watching this Doc, let’s try new 11071 jar and EXE installers

i installed 11071 over an existing 2.6 beta2 on windows 7 rc and i have the same cutting of the icon like on my vista…but now the icon is showing the status…im now away even as typing this message right now

update…looks like spark only registers mouse movements and only when its persistent over a few seconds, keyboard typing is ignored, i don’t think that the old version had this behaviour or is it windows 7 related?

Between the latest 2.6.0 Beta2 we have mad many changes.

So we have replaced all commercial code (closed source). Also the code that has check if you there or not. I will look what I can do.

Thanks for the update. In this version, however, i still don’t find the option to suppress join/left messages in the group chats. Any idea when this could be available please? I don’t thing it’s a very difficult feature to implement. Will appreciate your feedback. Thanks.

pbezztell, if this is so easy to implement, then do it and share the patch Joking. But seriously, we were waiting from Walter for the patch, to add this option. Maybe someone esle can implement this. Maybe cstux can, but he’s already doing a lot.

tisso, cutting icon wasnt addressed in this update and i dont know when it will be addressed. As about the away issue, i havent noticed, but as i see cstux has already confirmed this issue, so we’ll be waiting for an another update.

cstux, so far i have these issues filed: SPARK-1059, SPARK-1060, SPARK-1061, SPARK-1062 and maybe you can look into this SPARK-1057 as it seems Walter isnt going to send us his patch. But this is a new feature and isnt mandatory for the next Beta release.

oh, and of course SPARK-1063 - i have reproduced this too.

I have been incedibly busy with operational business of my company. I’ll ask my developer to cut the auto joint patch out of our internal version and post it here. I’ll let you know if it is forwarded to cstux.

One more small patch from Walter SPARK-1064

Small patch for SPARK-1057 has been attached to Jira. This has no preference to switch on or off. For our setup, we need alway an auto join due to an internal Openfire extension.

One more thing we have to discuss about the releases it’s the installer bundled with JRE. I think most of the users will want this. Maybe cstux already can built them with JRE, just the files would be too large to attach here.

This installer works great on 64bit windows 7. The normal spark was giving errno=193, when i ran it. Thanks guys. The only proviso was I had to install it using the .jar version from an administrator command line as the .exe didn’t work as it kept asking about association for the .jar’s (which are currently unassociated). Perhaps the .exe can trigger java, rather than try and use the built in association which I’m sure many people will have pointed to other tools.

Is there anyway someone could create an MSI of this including the JRE?

pbezztell, can you please reply? As it seems there is a bit of missunderstanding. Walter’s patch is about suppressing the “User a wants you to join a group chat” dialog which is shown when you get an invite. I belive this is not what you have requested, so i have filed a new ticket for Walter’s patch SPARK-1071.

Does you request is about hiding the “user a has joined the room”, “user b has leaved the room” messages in a group chat window? Then SPARK-1057 is a correct ticket, but i’m afraid that we dont have a patch for this anymore.