powered by Jive Software

LDAP: All clients (but Spark) show disabled users

Hello,

we are running on 3.8.2 on Ubuntu.

We are AD LDAP integrated and using an ldap.searchfilter to limit the roster to only enabled users that are members of specific groups:

(&(objectClass=organizationalPerson)(|(memberof=CN=Group1,DC=domain,DC=com)(memb erof=CN=Group2,DC=domain,DC=com,)(memberof=CN=Group3,DC=domain,DC=com))(!(userAc countControl:1.2.840.113556.1.4.803:=2)))

In plain English, get all users that are contained in either of the three groups (Group1, Group2 or Group3) that are not Disabled in AD.

The Openfire users tab returns only the 250 users that are enabled (although these three groups contain other -disabled- users).

Spark, also only shows those 250 users.

When using Pidgin or any other client, we get all the users contained in those groups, including the disabled ones.

How can we fix that?

Alex

I did a test installation on a Windows box and the issue is not there.

So summing it up:

Openfire 3.8.2 on Ubuntu

Users/Groups > Groups > Group Summary > [Search for Group1] > Members 94 (real group members are 119 but only 94 are enabled accounts, so this is properly shown in the Openfire console]

Openfire 3.8.2 on Windows

Users/Groups > Groups > Group Summary > [Search for Group1] > Members 94 (real group members are 119 but only 94 are enabled accounts, so this is properly shown in the Openfire console]

So on both above scenarios, the group members are 94 and this is right.

On the client side:

Connecting with Pidgin (or any other except Spark) and enabled Show Offline Users

  • When connecting to Openfire on Ubuntu, I get 119 members and not 94.
  • When connecting to Openfire on Windows, I get 94 members which is equal to the roster.

So this must be a bug.

Alex