LDAP and local DB at the same time

Is possible use at the same time Directory Server (LDAP) and the Default (Store users and groups in the server database).

Thanks

You can combine auth mechanisms and user system providers using HybridUserProvider & HybridAuthProvider. Hope it helps.

Where it should be set up?

In the GUI i didn´t see nothing. May be in openfire.xml?

ThanKs

Actually you can configure these providers both via openfire.xml and via web interface. For web configuration you should navigate to the https//yourdomain:9090/server-properties.jsp and needed properties right there via the Add new property box in the bottom of the page.

Sample openfire.xml configuration:

org.jivesoftware.openfire.auth.HybridAuthProvider

org.jivesoftware.openfire.auth.DefaultAuthProvider</primaryPro vider>

org.jivesoftware.openfire.auth.JDBCAuthProvider</secondaryPr ovider>

… other providers configuration

AFAIK configuration via web interface is preferred way to do that because all changes are applied in the real time. Hope it helps. From my experience it’s better to not specify provider.auth until you’re pretty sure that everything is ok :slight_smile:

Actually you can configure these providers both via openfire.xml and via web interface. For web configuration you should navigate to the https//yourdomain:9090/server-properties.jsp and needed properties right there via the Add new property box in the bottom of the page.

Sample openfire.xml configuration:

org.jivesoftware.openfire.auth.HybridAuthProvider

org.jivesoftware.openfire.auth.DefaultAuthProvider</primaryPro vider>

org.jivesoftware.openfire.auth.JDBCAuthProvider</secondaryPr ovider>

… other providers configuration

AFAIK configuration via web interface is preferred way to do that because all changes are applied in the real time. Hope it helps. From my experience it’s better to not specify provider.auth until you’re pretty sure that everything is ok :slight_smile:

Sorry for this one. if names of the attached files are non-English engine shows “unexpected error message” and posts your message (without showing that to you)

Hi there -

Can you tell me how you implemented this?

Thanks…

John