LDAP attributes

Hi,

I’'m connected by Spark with AD LDAP via WildFire server. Some info is collected in my profile but some not. Can you please describe me how fields like First Name, Last Name, Company, E-mail and Department are described in wildfire.xml?

As far as I know, it should looks like:

but it won’'t work.

Please help.

Best Regards.

Hi,

the LDAP guide http://www.jivesoftware.org/builds/wildfire/docs/3.1.0_beta/documentation/ldap-g uide.html describes it with

<EMAIL>
  <INTERNET></INTERNET>
  <USERID attrs="mail">{0}</USERID>
</EMAIL>

LG

I’'ve tried that.

For example, field name in Spark is Department

vcard attributes for the same filed is department.

So, following the instruction the line in wildfire.xml should look like:

… won’'t work

To find the field names used by AD LDAP, from your server goto a Command Prompt and run:

CSVDE -f ldap.csv

Then you can open up the CSV file in a text editor or MS Excel to see all the fieldnames and how they map to your user accounts.

Thanks, but I have found them. I can’‘t find field description/attributes for spark. That’‘s what I’'m looking for.

Regards

T

I have this problem too. I can’'t get Spark to display the email field.

As do I. I have seen many threads about this, but no definate fix. What we need is a dev resource that knows both Wildfire and Spark, to once and for all look into this and tell us what the proper format is.

Thanks

Hey All,

I was making some fixes in the LDAP code for Wildfire and noticed a couple things. This issue is in the client itself and has been fixed for the next release, scheduled for next week. (2.0.2).

Cheers,

Derek

ddman wrote:

Hey All,

I was making some fixes in the LDAP code for Wildfire and noticed a couple things. This issue is in the client itself and has been fixed for the next release, scheduled for next week. (2.0.2).

Cheers,

Derek

That’'s great to hear! Is this in the issue tracker?

Thats great to hear. So what would the proper format be on the Wildfire side? I have seen so many variants.

Thanks

Use:

And the lastest version of Spark, version 2.0.2. The email address is populated properly.

Great work!

… or use as this is the way Wildfire 3.1.0_beta2 does store a vCard created with Spark 2.0.2.

LG