LDAP Auth with custom DB roster/groups

Hi! Thank you very much for creating and maintaining this great product. We’ve set up and are running Openfire within a few departments using manual roster creation, and would like to move forward deploying it across our enterprise. We’re having a little trouble understanding whether or not it’s possible to use LDAP for authentication, but use an external database for roster and group polulation. I apologize if this has been answered before or is in the documentation, I have tried searching around but so far haven’t had much luck aside from getting the impression that it may not be feasible. Is this possible, and, if so, would someone be able to point me in the right direction as far as the documentation is concerned? If it’s possible and is an area of the docs that needs some more work I would be happy to contribute with a little guidance from the dev team. Thanks again either way

-Julius

You might have to provide your own providers for that level of customisation and set Openfire properties to point to your custome code

provider.admin.className = xx.xx.xx.AdminProvider provider.auth.className = xx.xx.xx.AuthProvider provider.group.className = xx.xx.xx.GroupProvider provider.user.className = xx.xx.xx.UserProvider

You might be able to use these properties to point at the standard LDAP auth provider and then point at the standard JDBC user and group providers. Never tried it, but it might work