LDAP: Deny Intra-group chat rights?

I’'ve been searching thru the forum for a while now trying to get my head around this ldap filtering stuff. You people are way too smart for me.

I’‘ve recently added OpenFire to our administrative office. Everything has been really intuitive and we’'re all really impressed with both OpenFire and Spark.

Soon we will be pushing spark out to our Faculty. The question is, will we be able to give it to our students?

I cannot allow for the students to be able to use the service to chat with each other. I just want them to be able to message the faculty or staff accounts. Im not worried about them being able to search for fellow students, thats harmless.

We use Active Directory and every student account has a consistent Description field and their Display names all start with “GS-” which would hopefully make this easier. They are also in their own Security Group and folder in Active Directory.

**Are there any viable methods for inserting code that will block all traffic from-student-to-student?

I know it’s been a while and I hope it’s not too late. I had the same question and I had it answered.

The link for the answer is: http://www.igniterealtime.org/community/message/154994

I Hope it helps.