Ldap Group Listing/Sharing

I am sucessfully filtering groups and users…

after figuring out that the filters need the server to be restarted(gayness).

Anyhow, now Im getting several groups showing up with a bunch of users populated within them.

So I decided to share each group with its users… I created a group called Tech Group on AD with 10 people in it. I shared it out…

Now when people login, a couple of the users in the group dont show up on the roster. If we manually add the user in our chat client, we can see them. But the 2 users dont show up in anyone’s roster… I tried disabling the group sharing and all users dissappear… I re-enable it, and the 2 users are still missing. I cleared the cache and everything before I did this… I even created a seperate group for those 2 users, and shared it, and still no show anywhere…

On a side note,

When I restart the server, what processes should I be looking for to make sure everything has stopped before I try and restart… On my mac, the utility flat out stinks!..

I’ve been paying attention to the openfire.xml file, and none of the changes I’ve made to the filters show up in the xml file…which might be the cause of all my troubles…

the openfire.xml is not the storage location for the bulk of the settings anymore. They have been moved to the database. Are the users in question included in the filters and baseDN? When I stop the server I wait about 30sec before starting it again.

Yes all the users are in the user filter

Restarting sucks…

I’ve moved to mysql db… it appears to be working better because of it.