Ldap "No such object"

Dear experts,

We are evaluating several XMPP server implementations, one of them is OpenFire. We like it since it seems mature, has quite good documentation and is under active development.

However, we are experiencing problems integrating OpenFire with our OpenLDAP server.

We successfully complete the setup steps until we reach “Step 2: user mapping” of LDAP, where clicking the “Test Settings” button results in the following error:

2012.02.23 11:34:16 org.jivesoftware.util.Log - [LDAP: error code 32 - No Such Object]

javax.naming.NameNotFoundException: [LDAP: error code 32 - No Such Object]; remaining name ‘uid=“pieter.temmerman”’

at com.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapCtx.mapErrorCode(LdapCtx.java:3112)

at com.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapCtx.processReturnCode(LdapCtx.java:3033)

at com.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapCtx.processReturnCode(LdapCtx.java:2840)

at com.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapCtx.c_getAttributes(LdapCtx.java:1332)

These are the fields we filled in:

Username field: uid

Search fields:

User filter:

If I change the username field then I get an error indicating that no users could be found. Thus, it seems that the users are being fetched correctly when leaving the options to it’s standard value.

Step 1: Connection Settings returns “Success” when we clicking the “Test Settings” button. However, I had to disable the option “???setup.ldap.server.enclose_dns_help???” under advanced settings, if not I received an error “Error verifying base DN. Verify that the value is correct.”

Any help would be appreciated.

Kinds Regards,

Pieter