LDAP - Wildfire only picking up 35 users, should be 90!

Hi, I’'ve been playing around with wildfire.xml trying to get it to connect to my AD and to filter so that only staff appear. In my AD, I have an OU called ‘‘Staff’’, and a group called ‘‘Staff’’. Teachers are members of both.

However, after adapting parts of wildfire.xml post on this forum, I have got some integration, but it is only showing 35 users out of the 90 who are in both the ‘‘Staff’’ group and the ‘‘Staff’’ OU. This logically led me to believe that there must be something different about the users that were not showing up. I took a close look and noticed (I think) that those who did show up in wildfire were members of the ‘‘Domain Users’’ group whereas the rest of the users had been removed from that group. So i added everyone to that group again. Then I restarted the Wildfire server, and logged in, but I am still stuck with the same 35 users. Interestingly, I just added a new users to AD and he appeared straight away in wildfire. So I don’'t know where next to look. HELP! Here is the LDAP part of my wildfire.xml:

cn member description <![CDATA[
(&
(objectClass=group)
(memberOf=CN=Staff,OU=Staff,DC=NCTC)
(member=)

)]]> /code

Thanks

Hi Woody,

I had a similar issue in my shop.

Make sure that you have the LDAP Group Provider in the XML file:

<group>

<className>org.jivesoftware.wildfire.ldap.LdapGroupProvider</className >

</group>

Also, make sure that the user that you are using to query the Active Directory can get the list that you expect.

You can do this by downloading Softerra’'s LDAP Browser and typing in your LDAP Query.

In my case, I found that some user’‘s didn’'t have the same permissions as the users that were showing up.

You may want to take a look at my post and see if it helps. (http://www.jivesoftware.org/community/thread.jspa?messageID=127159&#127159).

Good luck,

Carlos