Licensing Spark

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone knows how to contact Spark to purchase the software solution so that it can be amended and updated without having to adhere to the GPL licensing. We need to integrate it into our product but cannot release our software as free open source as we wouldn’t have much of a business as a result!

Thanks!

IgniteFan

Hello,

I very do much doubt that Igniterealtime are going to change the license of Spark, you can release your own copy but you must supply your source code that you used and such like (not sure on the full and exact details of that though) and also think there may be some library issues there as well, not entirely sure.

Thanks.

Hello,

I would suggest that you contact Jive Software directly. It used to be that you could purchase an OEM license for Spark but I’m not sure if that is still the case. If you find out what the current licensing options are please report back so other people will know what’s up.

Cheers,

Ryan

Thanks Ryan,

I’ve just spoke to the sales dept at Jivesoftware and they have asked me to complete the partner form and away a response from the business development team. Website address is here:

http://www.jivesoftware.com/company/partners/register

I think they assess each case on an individual basis and its merits but this is the first step.

Will let you know if I get the OEM licence.

Thanks!

Hello,

Good to hear that they still offer the OEM option.

Cheers,

Ryan