Local auth before pop3

Is there a way to auth the user localy before sending to pop3 to auth?

Hi Brian,

Yes, there is. Take a look at the HybridAuthProvider detailed in the JavaDocs:

http://www.jivesoftware.org/builds/wildfire/docs/latest/documentation/javadoc

Hope that helps,

Ryan

IT only tries local and fails

javax.security.sasl.SaslException: DIGEST-MD5: IO error acquiring password [Caused by java.io.IOException: org.jivesoftware.wildfire.user.UserNotFoundException: sinergy

at com.sun.security.sasl.digest.DigestMD5Server.validateClientResponse(Unknown Source)

at com.sun.security.sasl.digest.DigestMD5Server.evaluateResponse(Unknown Source)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.net.SASLAuthentication.doHandshake(SASLAuthentication .java:192)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.net.SocketReader.authenticateClient(SocketReader.java :316)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.net.SocketReader.readStream(SocketReader.java:277)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.net.SocketReader.run(SocketReader.java:119)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

null

now i have this

Im missing something on where to open and close staments

(HybridAuthProvider.java:132)] Unable to load secondary auth provider: org.jivesoftware.wildfire.auth.POP3AuthProvider

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: pop3.host is null or empty

Message was edited by:

eternal

Hi Brian,

While I haven’'t been able to test it I believe your configuration file should look more like the following:

/code

Hope that helps,

Ryan

how can i get it to use the jive database? i dont want to keep local server accounts

If i change Native to Default it dosen’'t pass to pop3auth

javax.security.sasl.SaslException: DIGEST-MD5: IO error acquiring password Caused by java.io.IOException: org.jivesoftware.wildfire.user.UserNotFoundException: sinergy

at com.sun.security.sasl.digest.DigestMD5Server.validateClientResponse(Unknown Source)

at com.sun.security.sasl.digest.DigestMD5Server.evaluateResponse(Unknown Source)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.net.SASLAuthentication.doHandshake(SASLAuthentication .java:192)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.net.SocketReader.authenticateClient(SocketReader.java :316)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.net.SocketReader.readStream(SocketReader.java:277)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.net.SocketReader.run(SocketReader.java:119)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Caused by: java.io.IOException: org.jivesoftware.wildfire.user.UserNotFoundException: sinergy

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.net.XMPPCallbackHandler.handle(XMPPCallbackHandler.ja va:69)

Hi Brian,

Have you tried getting the POP3 and Default Auth Providers to work just by themselves? If not, I would suggest trying to do so to see if the problem is with the Hybrid Auth Provider or with the way the other auth providers are being configured.

Thanks,

Ryan

they both work apart form each other, I had to reset my pass on a local accct created from pop3 (my guess encrypted pass) but, any account that is not on local jive database never gets sent to pop3.

yea if i use the encrypted pass made in the mysql it works on local auth.

possibly a silly question, but did you set

hybridAuthProvider.primaryProvider.className

and

hybridAuthProvider.secondaryProvider.className

in your system properties, setting them to their respective proper values?

That would be a no, as i have no idea as to what you are referring to.

Hi Brian,

I’‘m sorry, I’‘ve gotten confused by what you’'re currently trying to do. Since I had never used the Hybrid provider I went ahead and tried to see if I could make it work. Below are the settings I used to allow uses to login by using both the default and pop3 auth providers:

/code

Regards,

Ryan

still didnt pass it to pop3 if its not found local. I must be missing something simple

Could you post your entire wildfire.xml file so I can take a look at it. Please use the and / code tags (without the spaces) so the xml is formatted in an easy to read manner.

Thanks,

Ryan

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

/code

Unfortunately, I’'m not seeing anything that might be the problem. Can anybody spot something that might be off?

It would seem I would need a primary and secondary userprovider. So if user isn’'t found local it passes to pop3user

There are properties you need to set within the admin console to get hybrid auth working properly.

take a look at url http://www.jivesoftware.org/builds/wildfire/docs/latest/documentation/javadoc/o rg/jivesoftware/wildfire/auth/HybridAuthProvider.html The HybridAuth javadoc page[/url]

Of particular note is the properties section and the line: " The primary provider is required, but all other properties are optional."

I have added

name:hybridAuthProvider.primaryProvider.className

value:org.jivesoftware.wildfire.auth.DefaultAuthProvider

same for pop3 Is this the correct entry?

something to the tune of:

hybridAuthProvider.secondaryProvider.className - org.jivesoftware.wildfire.auth.Pop3AuthProvider

or whatever the pop3authprovider name is

do you want it to fall back to pop3 or fall back to default? adjust your primary/secondary accordingly

This is what i have and still a no go

Edit property

Property Name: hybridAuthProvider.primaryProvider.className

Property Value: org.jivesoftware.wildfire.auth.DefaultAuthProvider

Edit property

Property Name: hybridAuthProvider.secondaryProvider.className

Property Value: org.jivesoftware.wildfire.auth.POP3AuthProvider