Log on Spark 2.5.8 with server gmx.net

hello@all,

I install the spark 2.5.8 on my macbook with mac os 10.5. I start the applikation, put in my data from the gmx account … nothing! I can’t log on

invalid user or passwort is the message. I try again, check the user data - all fine.

How can help me?

Thanks

What is gmx.net? Is it a jabber server?

Yes Sir, gmx.net is an jabber-server. gmx is a doughter from the 1&1 United Internet Company. I can log on from iChat to the gmx.net server with my user data - but I can’t log on from the spark application.

Thanks.

What do you put in username and server fields? (dont tell actual names, just an example). Also, maybe you know what jabber server is in use there?

hello,

the gmx service have all endings: .de/.net/.com/.ch/.at and, and, and. When you have the end .net is the jabber sever gmx.net

My GMX account is bbb.ccc@gmx.net an my log on bei spark is

bbb.ccc@gmx.net

gmx.net

I try also

bbb.ccc

gmx.net

and the gaming

bbb.ccc@gmx.net

gmx.de

also

bbb.ccc

gmx.de

Nothing is working. The message “Invalid Username or Passwort”

Thanks.

What about some other clients like Pidgin, Psi, etc.? You should only try logging using bbb.ccc part. maybe Spark needs something else on the server part. It seems sometimes Spark has some DNS issues while looking up server names. But i can’t help much with that.

my guess is it has to do with the type of security used to authenticate the account. Click the advanced button and choose to use the old SSL method.