Logging / Contact sign-in notification

I’‘d like to add to the chorus and say what a great client Spark is; being a terrible speller I especially like the built-in spell checker. Two features I’'d like to see are:

• Conversation logging, maybe in xml or html format.

• A notification or some sort when a contact comes online

Thanks,

Ryan

ryang,

Thank you for the feedback As for your features.

A notification or some sort when a contact comes online

SPARK-20 has been filed.

Conversation logging, maybe in xml or html format.

Could you elaborate more on this

Conversation logging, maybe in xml or html format.

Could you elaborate more on this

Sure… clients like Adium and Exodus (among others) have the ability to “log” conversations which are typically stored on a daily basis and can be viewed at a later date. I’'ve found this to be real useful in instances where people IM me a phone number or some other piece of information that I need days after the conversation took place.

Thanks,

Ryan

Interesting. Well we do persist the conversations, and was planning on adding “Search Conversations” feature. Would this do?

Interesting. Well we do persist the conversations,

and was planning on adding “Search Conversations”

feature. Would this do?

Yes, that would do quite nicely.

Maybe a browse log feature?

This is how I am planning to implement it in my client. Basicly, I have messages between users broken down into conversations. How the conversations start and stop is still kinda up in the air but right now I have it setup to start and stop them when you open and close the window. But basicly I will have it much like in windows explorer where you have a list of conversations on the side, listed by date and you can actualy browse through them or narrow down the list with a search. When you click on a conversation or select several conversations they will come up in the main pain seperated by conversation. From here, you’'ll be able to, print, email, or save it out to a text file, as the raw data is stored in XML.

Maybe thats a little more then what you guys are looking for?

Alex