Logging in with same user/diff resources at the same time

Good afternoon,

I know I can log in with different resources using the same user and have the connections all stay enabled. I have a bot application that may be running multiple instances in parallel. The app starts, connects, publishes an item to a pubsub node, and then disconnects and shuts down.

I give them all unique resources when they connect but if 2 try at the same time they conflict with another and smack generates a bunch of errors. Any help?

I get:

javax.net.ssl.SSLException: Received fatal alert: internal_error

at com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.Alerts.getSSLException(Alerts.java:190)

Why do they conflict if diff resources?

provide some sample code, there are no wizards around

Well, I didn’t provide code because I didn’t think it was necessary. I know what the error is. The ‘error’ is that two applications are trying to connect with the same user, diff resource at the same time, and smack does not like it. But this is contrary to what I thought was possible. If I run only one instance of the app at a time, it never gets any of these exceptions. Only when one tries to authenticate before another finishes does it whine.

I assumed the issue was a server setting and not my code.

I have my code set up to retry at staggered intervals for a bit and they eventually get in (and are connected simultaneously). So they can be connected at the same time but they cannot authenticate at the same time.

My question; I guess, is if my thinking was correct. Can you login/authenticate as the same user with diff resources at the same time?

Tomorrow if I have time I’ll post some example code, out of time today. I appreciate the response and hopefully can give some more info.