Logging messages and chats

What’‘s the best method to log messages and chats? Also, what’'s the best viewer?

i installed iball chat auditor which saves the chatlog in a mysql database and i programmed a custom php-page to access that database

I found v1.0 beta. Is thers a version that is not beta?

Hi,

I like the audit log feature the best as one can compress and archive the files while everything which is stored in the database makes the database growing and I’‘m not sure that you are really interested to have three years of conversations stored in it. This could be OK for you unless you don’‘t make backups of your database. But if you backup your database daily then you have a big overhead which you need to backup - there’'s usually no option to exclude the tables which contain the logs.

I did think about an XML2HTML converter / Cocoon to view the logs but as I don’‘t need to review them I really don’'t care.

LG

i programmed a custom php-page

Any chance you can publish the source for that? My database is MSSQL, I wrote the same thing in vbscript on IIS; but my programming leaves much to be desired. See…

http://manx.hopto.org/source/

Were you guys able to get this running on Wildfire 3.1.1?

When I load the jar into the plugin directory, it reads it in the plugin list page, but none of the admin pages are showing.

I just want to audit the chats. Which packets should I audit? All of them? I have plenty of space and I have daily backups…

jjeff1 wrote:

i programmed a custom php-page

Any chance you can publish the source for that? My database is MSSQL, I wrote the same thing in vbscript on IIS; but my programming leaves much to be desired. See…

http://manx.hopto.org/source/

here’'s the complete code to my page - not superior programming, but i had to do it quick… will have to clan the code and modify the output for optical appearance, but you should get the idea how i did it.

sorry - the outputon here looks terrible - this forum does not seem tio have the posibility t mark a block as or so…

<table class=mod cellspacing=0 cellpadding=0 width="100%" border=0>
<thead>
<tr>
<th class=mod_head_l align=left width="100%">
*System Manager Panel - Chat Logs*
</th>
<td class=mod_head_r align=right width=27>!/images/col_grb.gif!</td>
</tr>
</thead>
<tbody>
<tr>
<td class=mod_main colspan=2 width="100%" align="left" valign="top"><?php
if (!ereg("chatlog",$u_manage))
{
echo "Unauthorized Access.<br>Please contact the IT Administrator.";
?>
</td>
</tr>
</tbody>
</table>
<?php
exit;
}
include("db/dbconnect_jive.php");
$date = date("Y-m-d");
$toUserneme = $_GET[''toUsername''];
$chatdate    = $_GET[''chatdate''];
if ($chatdate=="")    {$chatdate="-";}
?>
*{size:2}Current Users :{size}*
<span class="hint">(server-wide) &lt;form method="GET" action="/page.php"&gt;
&lt;input type="hidden" name="m" value="chatlog"&gt;
&lt;select name="toUsername"&gt;
&lt;option value="" &lt;?php if ($toUsername==""){?&gt; selected&lt;?php }?&gt;&gt;Please select user&lt;/option&gt;
&lt;?php
//$q_user = "select toUsername from iballChatMessage group by toUsername order by toUsername";
$q_user = "select username from jiveUser group by username order by username";
$res_user = mysql_query($q_user) or die (mysql_error());
while ($row_user = mysql_fetch_array($res_user))
{?&gt;
&lt;option value="&lt;?php echo $row_user[''username''];?&gt;" &lt;?php if ($toUsername==$row_user[''username'']){?&gt; selected&lt;?php }?&gt;&gt;&lt;?php echo $row_user[''username''];?&gt;&lt;/option&gt;
&lt;?php
}
?&gt;
&lt;/select&gt;
&lt;input type="text" value="&lt;?php echo $date;?&gt;" name="chatdate" /&gt;
&lt;input type="submit"/&gt;
&lt;/form&gt; &lt;center&gt;
&lt;?php echo $toUsername;?&gt;
&lt;/center&gt;

<table style=“border:1px solid #999999;” cellpadding=“5” cellspacing=“0” border=“0” width=“90%” align=“center”>

&lt;tr&gt;
&lt;td align="center" valign="top" width="50"&gt;&lt;?php
if ($chatdate == "-")    {?&gt;
Date
&lt;?php }
else                     { echo "&lt;b&gt;".$chatdate."&lt;/b&gt;";}
?&gt;
&lt;/td&gt;
&lt;td align="center" valign="top" width="125"&gt;From
To&lt;/td&gt;
&lt;td align="center" valign="top" width="100%"&gt;Message&lt;/td&gt;
&lt;tr&gt;
&lt;?php
if ($toUsername!="")
{
$i = 0;
$q_chatlog = "select * from iballChatMessage
where
((toUsername = ''".$toUsername."'')||(fromUsername = ''".$toUsername."''))
&& (chatDate like ''%".$chatdate."%'')
order by chatDate";
$res_chatlog = mysql_query($q_chatlog) or die (mysql_error());
while ($row_chatlog = mysql_fetch_array($res_chatlog))
{
$message = ereg_replace("&lt;","&lt;",$row_chatlog[''message'']);
$message = ereg_replace("&gt;","&gt;",$message);
?&gt;
&lt;tr&gt;
&lt;td align="center" valign="top" style=" &lt;?php if($i == 0){?&gt; background:#DFEEFF;&lt;?php } else {?&gt; background:#F0F0F0;&lt;?php }?&gt;border-right:1px solid #999999;"&gt;&lt;?php
if ($chatdate == "-")    {echo ereg_replace(" ","&lt;br&gt;",$row_chatlog[''chatDate'']);}
else                    {echo ereg_replace($date,"",$row_chatlog[''chatDate'']);}
?&gt;
&lt;/td&gt;
&lt;td style="&lt;?php if($i == 0){?&gt; background:#DFEEFF;&lt;?php }else {?&gt; background:#F0F0F0;&lt;?php }?&gt; " align="center" valign="top"&gt;&lt;div &lt;?php if ($row_chatlog[''fromUsername'']==$toUsername) {?&gt; style="background:#FAFADC;" &lt;?php }?&gt;&gt;&lt;?php echo $row_chatlog[''fromUsername''];?&gt;
&lt;div &lt;?php if ($row_chatlog[''toUsername'']==$toUsername) {?&gt; style="background:#FAFADC;" &lt;?php }?&gt;&gt;&lt;?php echo $row_chatlog[''toUsername''];?&gt;&lt;/td&gt;
&lt;td style=" &lt;?php if($i == 0){?&gt; background:#DFEEFF;&lt;?php } else {?&gt; background:#F0F0F0;&lt;?php }?&gt;border-left:1px solid #999999;" align="left" valign="top"&gt;&lt;?php echo $message;?&gt; &lt;/td&gt;
&lt;tr&gt;
&lt;?php
$i = $i+1;
if ($i ==2) {$i = 0;}
}
}
?&gt;
&lt;/table&gt;
&lt;/td&gt;
&lt;/tr&gt;
&lt;/tbody&gt;
&lt;/table&gt;

Message was edited by: SlowIce

Hi,

I hate waking up old threads, but…

SlowIce, would you be able to package up the log reader file and db_connect file (after you remove your DB information of course) and email it to me?

Thanks

I’‘ve written a crude script that works, as long as you are using mySQL… if anyone wants a copy, just message me and I’'ll make it available